Ashamed

by Marvin Shilmer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

That's exactly the same words that my 80 year old mother in law used yesterday!!!!! "Refreshments."

She also said they gave "respirators" to the firemen. I questioned her further on that one as to exactly what those were - as she had been told. They were the paper masks to go over nose and mouth.

She also said that bethel was shuttling some firemen to the site.

So........

food (refreshments)
    medical supplies (paper masks)
    hands-on-assistance (drivers & shuttle)

And let's not forget those flashlights & batteries.

She had been told they did give refreshments to those who wandered in after the disaster. When we politely said that they also locked down Bethel and wouldn't let the bethelites go even from their own buildings, she just nodded. Swoosh!!!!!!!! Straight over her head.

*We* were saying that. She had been told by *brothers* that refreshments had been served - for free to worldly people. That's what stuck in her mind.

And she was quite upset that 14 brothers/sisters had lost their lives (figure she had been told). We said it was terrible that thousands of people of all religions had lost their lives. Her response? "Well, that too."

I didn't bit my tongue - just got up and started doing dishes. Anything before I started talking with realities.

waiting

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

waiting,

Can you Email me. I am trying to find out if my system is down. I also want to talk to you.

hawk

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Well I must give them credit where credit is due. They did something positive.

Waiting where did you hear about the 14 jw dead? Wonder what their offical spin will be on this?

DB

• teejay
    teejay
    Tuesday, in the immediate aftermath of the bombing and collapse, the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses locked the doors of its facilities. First hand, I was told this was to keep out the traffic. On the outside were countless exhausted persons in utter shock and in grief. They had a need. A microcosmic tragedy amidst colossal tragedy. What a spectacle. I am ashamed -- Marvin Shilmer

Im curious to know if there has EVER been any negative fallout in the area directed at Brooklyn Bethel for what was done a year ago. Was their callous act of locking the doors the talk of the town or hushed up? Has it been remembered?

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Yep, as they say, by their fruits ye shall know my disciples..

I guess you can't expect good fruit from a rotten tree, just as the bible says!

• mamashel
    mamashel

You wanna know what really makes me the sickest????? I was still receiving magazines at that time and kinda going to meetings every blue moon. A wt or awake came out(not sure which) and it had page after page after page of pictures of people they said came into headquarters the they supposedly helped. That is utterly sickening if it is a lie and they actually locked the doors. There were several articles on differnt ones that headquarters said came in and were afraid and didnt know where to turn, so they supposedly opend the doors to help them, gave them food, clothes and shelter for a short time. That pisses me off. Thanks for the info.

Right after that they also came out with articles about how to cope with stress from trauma and how to deal with warfare and dissaster. And again gave examples on how they (GB) could help.

mamashel

• waiting
    waiting
    And she was quite upset that 14 brothers/sisters had lost their lives (figure she had been told). We said it was terrible that thousands of people of all religions had lost their lives. Her response? "Well, that too." - waiting

In retrospect, I think it's safe to assume that my mil was told a lie about 14 brothers/sistes dying. At least, I never heard about that high of a number. It's a shame any of those thousands of people died, including the several jw's.

And it's a shame that the Watchtower locked their doors to keep worldly people out of their buildings.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit