Ashamed

by Marvin Shilmer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Richie
    Richie

I couldn't help but think what a great "witness" the Society would have been able to give, were they to aid and assist many stranded individuals streaming from New York City over the Brooklyn bridge and be helped passionately. Instead, they (the GB) showed a callousness and indifference which, in not only my opinion, but in everybody's opinion is no way related to a true Christian's behavior. If this would have happened by some individuals, you would then not blame the Society, but the worst part is that it came from the headoffice, the core of the Society: a decision by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Boy, am I glad NOT to be associated with this group of "fanatics", which incidentally reeks of similarity to the subversive religious factions found in the Islamic environment.
    I am now considering writing a formal letter of total disassociation from this group (even though I am already df'd) just to make a clear point of how disgusted I am by their coldhearted and selfrighteous attitude....

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Here in Oz we saw TV news shots of a mobile refreshment stand set up by the Salvation Army at the entrance to the sealed off WTC area. They were shown dispensing tea, coffee, etc to ALL who passed by and I couldn't help wondering why a certain other religious organisation weren't doing a similar thing.

Funny how it's the Year of the Volunteer as the WTS likes to remind us. What an opportune time to reflect both a spirit of volunteering and a Christian spirit. Whatever happened to the Parable of the Good Samaritan? Those old boys upstairs must have overlooked it, eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Ozzie,

I was thinking of the parable of The Good Samaritan also. He was unable to ask for help, lying there bleeding, wounded.

were instructed by the Branch that there was ‘no way’ that the Society was going to allow this to happen. Their reaction - ‘we will help when we are asked and not before’. - hs

The Samaritan didn't wait to be asked - he didn't even offer - he did all that was needed, as with his time, money, and human strength.

The WTBTS failed miserably, and not accidently - but by design by the High Powers at Bethel. And I don't beleive that the R&F will ever learn about "The Bad Samaritan" - the WTBTS, at least not from their leaders.

waiting

• arkangel
    arkangel

Unfortunately the WTBS sends this message of isolation to the congregations as well. I know personally of a woman who lived in a tent in the snow because her local congregation elders would not lift a finger to help her when she became homeless. Her only crime was not attending meetings or going out in service regularly. My niece brought the woman and her daughter into her home to live until they could find an apartment. She and her husband then helped them with money too. My niece and her husband were df'd JW's. The woman no longer attends any meetings and has realized how unloving her fellow JW's can be. Wake up!!!!! This is not Jehovah's organization.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Marvin, thank you for the post. I too feel ashamed of the apathy that has been displayed. That I was a devout practicer of this religion. Love for fellow man and conscience moves one to look searchingly into the doctrine of the Society and realize they "honor with thier lips, but thier heart is far removed...." I'm happy to have rejoined the human race.

Nicodemus, your words spoken were very thought provoking to anyone who may question whether or not Brooklyn Headquarters and the GB could possibly be our Creator's visible representatives here on earth. It seems to me that it is they who have "Apostatsized" from Christ's original teachings. Thank you for reminding us of what the scripture in Luke teaches.

• teejay
    teejay

Marvin,

Tuesday, in the immediate aftermath of the World Trade Center bombing and collapse, the Governing Body of Jehovah?s Witnesses locked the doors...

Sounds just like the governing body we've come to know and love, being the mouthpiece of god and all ... gotta protect those assets!! Shoot, Marvin, these are tough economic times for the Society... can't go around feeding "worldly" people... you don't know who might wander in. Might even be a mother with an infant in her arms. Those press operators need the milk a whole lot more than a dust-covered, crying baby. Come on, you know that!

Y' know, as sorry, as EVIL, as I already new those old men to be, this is a brand new low I thought impossible even for them.

----------------------------------------

Waiting,

The WTBTS failed miserably, and not accidently - but by design by the High Powers at Bethel. And I don't beleive that the R&F will ever learn about "The Bad Samaritan" - the WTBTS, at least not from their leaders.

Good point. So, I'm busy shooting off emails to every JW on my list...

I'll be tactful, subtle... but they are going to know what actions their leaders took toward their fellow man.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Marvin,

a very good post!

What a shame for the WTS!

Excellent comment from Patio 34:

"Thanks Marvin for the info. It's a mistake to link the WTS with any charitable tendencies. It rings true and in line with the aloofness of the WTS. What a contrast with almost everyone else on the news . . ."

and also from Ozziepost:

"Funny how it's the Year of the Volunteer as the WTS likes to remind us. What an opportune time to reflect both a spirit of volunteering and a Christian spirit. Whatever happened to the Parable of the Good Samaritan? Those old boys upstairs must have overlooked it, eh?"

and also from Nicodemus:

"..your words... very thought provoking to anyone who may question whether or not Brooklyn Headquarters and the GB could possibly be our Creator's visible representatives here on earth. "

Where is the love for your neighbour ???

In mho , a really shocking information and ..FACT!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Give it the widest publicity!!!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

I just told the 'locked down Bethel' story to my lady, who has never been a member of any religion or closer to a cult, other than living with this former victim.

Her exspression upon hearing about this travisty "you've got to be kidding!".

No excuse, no smarmy biblical references will ever absolve them from this display. They have by themselves shown the world, just how deep seated their hatred, for anyone not a part of 'theocracy'....sound anything like the 'taliban'?

What a big crock of camel dung! Yeah brother's make sure you keep those dorm rooms tidy and clean, wipe up all that dust from the WTC ...why, there could be remnants of human blood therin!!!! Quick get out the lysol. You dim witted dweebs!

I feel a little better, not much though.

Danny

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Marvin,

This is absolutely unreal except I realize we are dealing with a cult here.

However, is there any way to quanitify this better? Were there other witnesses, a letter?

hawk

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I almost bit my tongue in two last night.
    My family were discussing the events and stated that the bethel had assisted by opening the doors and supplying people with refreshments.

I guess that was strictly true, when you look at the early reports, but I had no way of letting them know the extra details without exposing my involvement with this site.

Somedays I could weep, and this is one of 'em.

LT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit