Are You Tired of Hearing JW News or Do You Want To Hear The Latest??

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'm tired of hearing it at age 47 raised in this shit. Same message, never changes....that means from 1959, this does not include my parents, aunts and uncles, and grandparent's message......it just never changes.

Sorry, it is so nauseating.

r.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I want to know. One of my JW friends tells me she always knows things long before they are announced at the KH. She likes that.

I also get a kick out of telling my mother things before she knows them. She is always skeptical of what I tell her and then she finds out I was right. It gives me a lot more credibility with her. I like that.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The new system is just around the corner.

Very soon.

Any day now.

We are in the last hours of the old system.

Pigs might fly.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    that was a reason I liked being an elder at one time . - I was "in the know"

That's one big thing I didn't like about being an elder. Knowing everything that was going wears you out. A CO told me once that ever elder ought to move to a new congo every 5 or 6 years because by then he's seen everyone's dirty laundry and it becomes hard not to be judgmental about individuals when you see them at the hall: That's the guy who cheated on his wife; that's the kid who set fire to the restrooms at the city park; he's the kid who schlepped teenage daughter of that single mom; and so on. It justs gets... ICKY!

The trouble with moving, of course, is that after you've been at the new hall a while, you recognize the same pattern. People are the same everywhere.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Since I still have family who are active JWs, its nice to know what the Watchtower is up to.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Yes, hearing the latest news is a major reason why I come here. This site is a great resource.

A case in point: The letter to all congreations regarding preparing for disasters. Recently, I got a call from a member of my family who was all excited about this "latest development". I just chuckled inside because I had known about it for about a month already . . . . thanks to this site.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I want to be two steps ahead of my JW family. Keep the news flowing.

I like it the most when it is the kind of news the WTS does not want to be spread.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sick of hearing JW news since I wish the org would disappear. OTOH, I am grateful to get it so hopefully it will prepare me for whatever slop they are feeding my poor mom these days. Don't they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer? I need to know if my mom is going to start shunning me hardcore soon-and I am sensing that she might. I really got to get her off her dependency on the org. And I don't know how, though for years I have been reading up. It is such a touchy subject that I am concerned that the next conversation may be the last-you know? I am the only one of her children that she is really close to, the only one she counts on and the one that she knows loves her all the time. I think she is halfway suicidal, I know she is alcoholic and I don't want to put the last straw on her back-or be part of the straw that the WT puts there, if you know what I mean. Shelly

• dobbie
    dobbie

I like to know whats happening in the org and what they're saying now, just to convince me more than ever that its all not true!I still get the mags pushed through the door every couple of months but for the first time no one picked us up a copy of new book released at the assembly.Probably full of the same old stuff though they must surely have some new light soon cos at least the poor things at the hall will have some different material other than the same old stuff - the end is coming, jesus v satan, the world conditions getting worse blahblah!

• minimus
    minimus

Now with this terrorism thing, I'll betcha the JWs are gonna go crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit