If this isn't the truth, then what is our hope?

by Gigi2121 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aroq
    Aroq

Our only hope is found in Jesus. That is the only hope. He will redeem us, He will be our strength, we just have to trust and have faith in Jesus. We know the world is not going to save us. We know that we are not capable of sustaining the world. I believe the Bible is God's word, and it says to put our faith in Jesus. That is our only hope.

Galatians 2:16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Galatians 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

• steve2
    steve2

In needing to ask questions about what does this all mean? and what "hope" is there? you literally hand every individual or group you meet a shovel with which to bury you deep with their ideas, opinions, reasonings and claims. These questions ultimately make you vulnerable to how well argued the answers are -regardless of whether they are truthful or not. Had we as individuals never ever been preoccupied with these "big" unaswerable questions, we would not have been blind-sided by the treacly reasonings of sincere believers in every contortion and distortion of beliefs under the blood red moon.

Sure, these questions may matter deeply at some visceral, emotional level. But we ought not pretend that our clarity in asking them, to say nothing of our sincerity in doing so will bring us close or take us far away from verifiable "truth".

The world is one half full of people whose personal searches have taken them in diametrically opposing directions, and one half, doing their best to remain rooted to the present, free from religious beliefs deceiving and damning them in equal measure.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Gigi if you still want to have a faith, research different religions...Wikipedia is a good source, or belief.net, and find the one that agrees with you the most. Do outside research on witness doctrine first, tho. Lots of ppl here became atheist in their journeys, but many of us didn't. You will find your own way, and you will be at peace with it. Everyone here is at peace with their amount of faith and hope, whether they have it or don't.
  • bafh
    bafh

Your only hope is being present. Looking to the future for something "better" pulls a person out of experiencing their life right now - the good and the bad. Without being grounded and present, it is easier to be reactive than proactive and that leaves few if any choices in how your life turns out.

So believe in yourself and you won't need to "Hope" for something else.

And just in case you are still wondering:

NO ONE IS COMING TO HELP!

bafh. :-)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    My hope is that humans will grow up and stop hurting one another for a belief or cause or difference of race or whatever. Peace on earth...maybe one day...
  • prologos
    prologos
    gigi , a hope is only helpful if it ultimately delivers what you desired, hoped for. Browsing the hopes offered by different religions will not be better then the one we definitely know was/is wrong in it's promises, never mind to deliver on them. Get your comfort from the good sources, family, love,---and let the future surprise you. and the "Jesus" hope? Why does even wt need him? to repair the talking snake incident? well it worked, we do not have talking snakes any more. Enjoy better humour.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Set yourself achievable goals. This is something you can hope for. As for paradise I think it's a lie....we have paradise here and now. Save up and go visit paradise for two weeks.

These things will help you focus.

Kate xx

• Garrett
    Garrett
    Having recently left the "truth", I'm currently working out this question myself. So, while I can't directly answer it for you, I find the answers that have been given so far to be quite informative and enlightening.
  • jhine
    jhine

Hi, I can only echo what others have said , you have to find what is right for you . If it is important to you to have a faith then please do not carry on being influenced be the JW lies about even other Christian denominations . Steve2 is right you will get all kinds of opinions and attitudes on here ,I have my own . We must not try to influence only.give advice as best we can . That is to research every path .

Jan

• Half banana
    Half banana

If the Watchtower isn’t the truth then what is? Gigi, that’s a reasonable question... but only from the perspective of someone who has had their mind persuaded that hope supported by incessant indoctrination is the most important thing in life.

There is no packaged “truth” or magical reality, what humans are heirs to is a relatively short life in a very beautiful world and if you are clever enough, you can share it with realistic, positive people who also appreciate just how valuable being alive is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit