SUPPORT FREEDOM - by Simon

by waiting 16 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

LOOK UP AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM......See the American Flag? Click on it.

Now, just browse for all kinds of information about charities, relief work, companies involved in receiving destruction, where to find information, etc.

Find others ways to help our neighbors in the New York, Penn. area. I would assume that New Jersey people were hard hit too. Many workers come to NY. The English lost at least 500 people there, as did the Canadians.

My sincere condolences.

THANKS SIMON. You're a fine English person.

waiting

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Please don't flame me for this, but just a minor point of correction:
    British, not English.

I don't mean to sound sectarian (especially not at a time like this - besides, I'm not) but not all the 500 were English... some were Scottish and others probably Welsh or Irish.
    In addition there were probably some from bonnie Eire, as well (not British, but also damn fine people).

Sorry to intrude on your excellent points - I'll disappear back into the corner again, now.

• think41self
    think41self

Wow Simon,

Thanks for the support. We love you too

P.S. Little Toe...you're funny

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

• waiting
    waiting

Little Toe........

Would our News programs have it wrong? I think not. TV news is reknowned for having all the facts - like the WTBTS, eh?

They said English - so therefore, your corner calls. I didn't think y'all claimed the Welsh as part of your Kingdom?

But glad to meet you - and noticed that you didn't designate exactly where you were cornering in?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Waiting,

I hale from Scotland, and I know of at least one Scot who was on an upper floor (he comes from a village near me) and is *confirmed* missing.
    Sadly he was due to return home next month to be married (to a New Jersey lass).

I would be surprised if many quarters of the globe manage to remain untouched by some loss from all of this. It's one hell of a loss to all.

Incase I didn't get my point across - condolences from here too.
    I've been "praying incessantly" since I saw it live on the newsflash (Tuesday lunchtime, here), and mourning since the realisation started to thaw through my numbed senses. The three minute silence, earlier, was indescribable.

And yup, I'm new here, but don't exactly feel like posting my experience just yet. Let me stop hurting a little first, eh?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oh, and Wales is always lumped with England...
    ...and they don't like it anymore than the Scot's do...
    ...and if you try calling Southern Ireland "British", they'll likely bite your head off and spit down your neck!!!
    (The only ones who appear to like it are the Northern Irish, and Falklanders)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry - should have put some <grin>'s in there - I may have come over as bitter.
    I'm not, just a little "twisted" <g>.

Regards.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    Sorry - should have put some <grin>'s in there - I may have come over as bitter. I'm not, just a little "twisted" <g>.

Oh don't worry, we got the "twisted" part loud and clear :)

Hmmm

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL

Nice to see that I'm not always misunderstood...
    ...just at home <g>.

• Kent
    Kent

Just to mention it, Waiting - you'll find the same on The Watchtower Observer :-)

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit