JWs are gossip mongers

by unbrainwashed 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Highlander
    Highlander

Did anyone hear what 'formyboys' said about 'luna2' ???

• oldflame
    oldflame
    JWs are gossip mongers

This is putting it just a little light ins't it ? I never knew bigger gossipers ever than those in the troof.

• Gill
    Gill

Absolutely accurate description of JW!

I have to see my mother today. She will run through every ailment, word said, family happening, holiday, problem, new car, wind breaking incident amongst every JW she knows! My experience of JWs is that is all that they do! I just pretend that I don't know who she's talking about, then start asking strange questions like, ' is that the one related to your neighbour three doors down, sister in law's aunty!?' That usually shuts her up for a while.

However, all the non JW people I know do not gossip in this way.

• perthwogboy
    perthwogboy

Being an Ex Jw, Jw's thrive on gossip, it make's them feel good, it creates internal clicky groups within the congregations, it boosted people's ego's, it was a way of breaking the monotney of everyday righteous worship. From where I came from it was very prevelant amongst the sisters.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Unbrainwashed:

You are right on target. They are the worst gossips I know. Maybe all fundy's and cults are like this??? Having only been Catholic I have no real comparison. But I tried to figure out why the gossip is so particularly bad among them.

I reasoned that because they are not motivated by love but only performance they feel justified. Also, because they go door-to-door they feel this is a white-wash for any bad they do. They also feel that their "brothers" have to forgive them. They feel that if they die an "Adamic death" their sins will be forgiven, etc., etc. So, because of all of these things, there is no accountability on their part for anything they do.

This unaccountability runs through the whole organization from top to bottom.

LHG

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Did you like, hear about Barry? Well apparantly right... he like, totally doesn't sing at the meetings... like, he just mimes and stuff. Oh, and Mark, Oh my, he sometimes doesn't even shut his eye in the prayer, and I've even seen him touching himself. I only know because Veronica told me, oh yes... the other day we were at the coffee shop - she had two pieces of cake... glutony, greed! She's probably a... a... oh my... a... oh, I shouldn'y say... a... a lesbien!!!! GASP... You can tell by the way some times, right, she doesn't follow the scriptures when they're being read out, you know. Yeah. Her son, right, her son... you know, Jonny, he got a A in Biology... that means he believes in evolution and worships satan and stuff, the A stands for Antichrist you know - it's code. I'm not letting my boy go on the ministry with him anymore.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

My dad never, ever talked about JC or elder business. So my mom never had anything to gossip about, but did she love to hear it. That made her just as guilty as the person telling the stories. As far as J-Dubs gossiping, whatelse do they have to do with their lives?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Gossip is destructive

even its name hiss-es like a snake.

(I remember that from a talk I gave)

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Shhh... Don't tell anyone... but I heard xjwms used to give "talks"

I think he worships snakes or something.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hey, did you hear that MASH's knuckles drag on the ground?!?

My mum is also bad in the gossip. When I said that she needed to keep in mind that as much as she is running her mouth about people that they are running their mouth about her. OHHHHH, she did not like that! Turn about is a beeyotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit