Candida Anyone?

by looking_glass 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Candida is a song that Tony Orlando and Dawn made famous.

The stars won't come out If they know that your about Cuz they couldn't match the glow of your eyes... And though...who am I... Just an ordinary guy...trying hard to win me first prize Chorus Whoa Candida....We could make it together The further from here girl the better Where the air is fresh and clean Hmmm hmmm Candida....Just take my hand and I"ll lead ya I promise life will be sweeter....and it says so in my dreams The future is bright...the gypsy told me so last night Said she saw our children playin...in the sunshine And then it was you and I....in a house baby no lie And alllll these things were your's...and they were mine Repeat Chorus And though who am I....Just an ordinary guy Ya know I'm tryin hard to win me first prize Oh my Candida...We could make it together... The further from here girl the better.... Where the air is fresh and clean Whoa my Candida...Just take my hand and I"ll lead ya I promise the life will be sweeter...And it says so in my dreams (Fade)
  • looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think CFS was more commonly diagnosed by JWs in Australia then in the US. During that same period, the candida crisis was in full effect in the US. Maybe after I left, CFS hit the US congos, I don't know.

Candida, to simplify it and the way I understand it, is yeast that has gone out of control in the body. It symptoms are vague and cover a lot. So it is easy to think you have candida. Currently it is not really recognized by many treaters as a disease process.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Too funny Blondie! I did not realize there was a song about this condition.

• Confession
    Confession

Blondie, I was thinking of the same song...

Actually I remember my mother getting into the whole candida yeast thing when I was about 18. I remember I thought I was having memory lapses--and she felt sure it was candida. This would have been 1984 or 1985, so it seems to have pre-dated the 90s craze you describe. (Horrifying thought: What if my mom is the one who started it?!)

• Highlander
    Highlander

I remember I thought I was having memory lapses

How do you remember having memory lapses?

• Confession
    Confession

And speaking of garlic, hooboy! When I was very young (mid 1970s) there was an elderly couple in our hall who took garlic. The stench this duo produced was from Neptune. I sat in the row in front of them once and thought my lungs would surely collapse. I kept asking my mom what it was and she kept trying to get me to stop making a spectacle--then somehow explained to me who and what it was.

I had to go! This was not funny, no joke. My throat was constricting; I couldn't breathe. I was becoming sick to my stomach--and I was never sensitive to such things before.

I would go to the bathroom as often as possible to catch up on my breathing. When I'd get back I would practice trying to breathe without smelling. But every now and then I dared to take a reconfirming sniff, thinking it wasn't as bad as I'd remembered. POW! Wrong I was. In fact it was worse. Right to the bathroom again.

• Confession
    Confession
    How do you remember having memory lapses?

What memory lapses?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

UGGH I remember the brewer's yeast from the early 70's. That stuff was horrible.

By the time the candida thing came along, I was living on my own. I remember people talking about and I thought it all sounded a little looney. I didn't want to go along. Then one sister that I really respected started telling about it. I gave it a little attention and then dropped the crazy ideas.

-Aude.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Confession, I learned a long time ago to breath thru my mouth instead of my nose in order to be able to breath and not die all the while being surrounded by a hall full of candida crazed JWs who have consumed cloves and cloves of garlic prior to a meeting.

• ringo5
    ringo5

Sounds like a wave of Brewer's Yeast imbibing dubs in the 70's led to a outbreak of Candida Yeast Syndrome in the 80's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit