National Healthcare for the USA

by sammielee24 348 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    SWIFE You are just pissed that I can find the holes in your arguments. It's too easy.

Nope. I don't get 'ticked' by pesky fleas - I just get out the can of bug spray and poof! all gone. You are so far gone that this isn't even a debate - its more an entertainment venue for the rest of us to see how much you huff and you puff trying to blow all the houses down.....oh..and by the way..mop up your tears ..it's okay...I chose to plan an exam for now because my original plan of getting one later was thwarted by my schedule..my point..sigh...it's tough talking to the wall sometimes...my point was more to the fact that the cost combined with waiting times does exist here in the USA just like everywhere else. And just a little heads up for you - real people, with real emotions and real bodies - well sometimes things happen and whack! they get sick or those little old eyes of theirs really do go wonky on them overnight. Won't regal you with stories of blindness though - don't want you to crack. You might want to take a drink from that well now and again - good, honest, pure water I hear. swife.

• LDH
    LDH
    Little Toe - please bear in mind too that you have to be covered by medicare in order for that first 80 to be covered by them! For anyone falling in between the cracks that isn't covered by medicare - you pay it all and often upfront - before you get the service!!!! I just called for quotes for an eye exam and the lowest cost is $65.00 at Walmart with the highest being $275.00 at an optometrist. Walmart is booked up for a month solid and the optometrist is booked up until the end of September. Now - I can get in at a location that is a 2 1/2 hour drive away and it will cost $125.00 for the exam or another place only 1 1/2 hours away and the cost is only $105.00 for the exam. I'm travelling to the one an hour and a half away simply because I need the exam. The lines for medical service that everyone keeps harping on with the Canadian system and the length of time it takes to get an appointment is no less in the USA. Every system has it's worms.

Sorry,

I can't stop laughing! This is the perfect example of the PLANNING I spoke about in the previous thread on healthcare!!!!! Yes the exact type of planning I recommended MONTHS ago, you couldn't even be bothered to do. So now you will waste gas, and time, to go get a cheap exam 90 minutes away!!!

This is the exact type of wasteful spender who is just PINING away for NHS!

With poor planning like this, it's no wonder you want Nationalized Healthcare!

Lisa

Schedules Yearly Appointments Ahead of Time (Including Scrapes) Class

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Great point. Here is a demographic (First Nations/ American Indians) that has guaranteed socialized health care, they are about the sickest and poorest lot in the nation

well geez..you used it as a point and said the point itself was good. Why use it then if you don't think they deserve it in the first place?

• LDH
    LDH
    Won't regal you with stories of blindness though - don't want you to crack.

It's okay, I'm already blind from reading the nonsense you've posted.

I chose to plan an exam for now because my original plan of getting one later was thwarted by my schedule.

HIGH-larious.

• LDH
    LDH
    well geez..you used it as a point and said the point itself was good. Why use it then if you don't think they deserve it in the first place?

ummmmm as an example of the 'quality of life' that federalized health care has created for them.......mmmmkay?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Ahh, love that Cuban medical model!

Lisa

Castro haters' rhetoric aside, there is no way around the facts, Lisa: Cuba has a robust and successful national healthcare system (by any reasonable standard of measurement). That's not opinion, that's fact. As do a host of other countries with socialized healthcare.

Now show us some more of that cant-do spirit!

• LDH
    LDH
    (by any reasonable standard of measurement).

Let me get out my roach-stompers and do the happy dance!

My offer still stands.

Show me a system of National Healthcare that:

• guarantees that if we go over budget, we snatch the assets of everyone who signed the bill and voted for it
    • guarantees that we as a nation educate Drs. and other valuable health care professionals so they do not start practice hundreds of thousands in debt
    • guarantees a standard of living that attracts the best and the brightest
    • guarantees that we address the medical malpractice industry (meaning we strip it out completely so that no one is entitled to any damages because god forbid we sue out 'neighbors' who are helping fund the medical care)
    • guarantees that we as a nation do not increase our Social Service program users because of putting this system into play
    • guarantees that we as a nation be entitled to be educated and see the NUMBERS for the proposal so that we have a choice and are not forced into it.
    • guarantees that we set a cost on a human life, so that we do not spend $2,000,000 on a premature baby at 26 weeks and then millions for the rest of that person's life.
    • guarantess that the program has the ability to monitor and force treatment to stave off greater costs down the road (think diabetes).

Oh yes, there are some hard questions being asked here. Some I bet you don't like. Me either. Somebody has to balance the books though.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    to show my family's charitable contributions vs. yours or anyone else's, using tax returns.

LOL!!!!!! A tax write-off!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!! You'll be the first in line at the pearly gates sister!!! DAMN!

I wouldn't even bring that up...what I would bring up is the elderly sister at the KH when she couldn't cover her out-of-pocket medical expenses (which ran into the thousands), the sister that needed a new pair of glasses, the people we bought groceries for and left on their doorsteps, the many times I'd press $100.00 into someone's hand that I knew really needed it, the numerous friends we had at Bethel that we regularly sent money to, the pioneer sister we gave a car to....I bought all the school clothes for most of my nieces and nephews each year and made sure they had plenty of toys...willingly given, not as a write-off.

Have you got any examples like that?

Swalker (Had charitable contributions also)

• LDH
    LDH
    LOL!!!!!! A tax write-off!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!! You'll be the first in line at the pearly gates sister!!! DAMN!

LOL,

Now I'm *SURE* you were a "President."

FYI Tax write offs on charitable contributions are not dollar for dollar. They are, at best, 25% on the dollar. The least reason I can think of for 'donating' is a tax write off. Also doesn't count all the money I give to my daughter's friends who are not as fortunate as my daughter.

An Amway downline doesn't count as a 'company.'

Lisa

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    FYI Tax write offs on charitable contributions are not dollar for dollar.

Really?????

If nothing else, you are entertaining!!!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit