Nearly 70 Jehovah's Witnesses Injured

by Kenneson 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

At least they all escaped serious injury. I do wonder how long it will be before some of the victims contact an attorney because of the emotional pain they are starting to experience.

If so, then I need to print this for my PO who said this is why we don't need to be concerned about the Fri night School deep in red-neck beer drinking territory, over an hour away from the house that we need to travel what is statistically the most dangerous road in the US to get to. Minister Amos
    Yeah, US 431 has a lot of little white crosses on the side of the road.
  • blondie
    blondie

Growing up, I was never taught that individual JWs were protected...only the organization and its mission which did not depend on individuals.

A few years ago, a family of JWs were killed at a rest stop. I can remember a family that was killed on the way home from a circuit assembly and another from a meeting.

I'm not saying that a few individual JWs might have different personal ideas, but I have not been able to find something in the WTS pubs that said that JWs today should expect to be protected personally. In fact, just the opposite, that the protection extends only to them "as a group."

Some JWs used to apply Psalm 91 as meaning personal, physical protection but the WTS said it only meant spiritual protection.

Of course, the WTS can say something verbally that does not agree with what is in print.....speaking out of both sides of their mouth...but that is not new.

Blondie

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Hi Blondie!

I was taught that it applies to individual JWs. That is why they do not need to be concerned about violence against them or their families while in their homes at night; Jah will protect them. This came from a discussion I had with the elders about firearms in the house. Christians do not keep firearms for protection because they trust in Jah blah blah blah.

I was just on the verge of pulling something out of long term memory that I read in one of the mags on a related twist when I lost it.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""I was taught that it applies to individual JWs That is why they do not need to be concerned about violence against them or their families while in their homes at night; Jah will protect them""

I have heard others say this but I never heard it being taught.

• blondie
    blondie

MinisterAmos, I too have heard individual JWs say it but I have not seen it in the WT publications. In fact they had 2 article study of Psalm 91 in the WT saying it was not to be understood as literal protection but spiritual protection.

I grew up among JWs and was one as an adult for more than 40 years and heard individual JWs say they were personally protected. I would say to them the same things I say here, that I have not found anything that said that JWs can expect individual protection. I cited 3 cases where JWs died enroute and on the way home from conventions.....or the JW woman who was killed and had her baby cut out of her womb by a non-JW woman...are we to conclude that they were secret sinners and did not have God's protection? I would say the same to JWs...made them think.

Think of James, who has put to death by the sword; or other early Christians who were put to death....where was their individual protection. The only thing I say in the Bible is that faithful Christians who lost their lives would get them back through the resurrection.

Blondie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Does anybody remember a horrible tornado that hit Elkhart, Indiana, probably in the 1960's. Don't think it was in the 1970's or I would have been able to find it on the CD Rom. As I remember it, there were witnesses who lived in a trailer park who were killed. They were not at the meeting that day and it was implied, or at least I got the idea that if they had been at the Kingdom Hall that day they would have been protected.

• blondie
    blondie

Based on that reasoning, if the families had not gone to the conventions/meetings (see above) they would not have been at the spot where they were killed...JWs can't have it both ways.

Blondie

• JH
    JH

Imagine all those blood cards shown to the nurses....

• blondie
  • VM44
    VM44

I am glad Scully edited the newspost.

Seeing this advertisement for steaks along with the heading "70 Jehovah's Witnesses Hurt" was a little disturbing! --VM44

Click for picture

http://adsys.townnews.com/80698810/creative/nwitimes.com/news+lake_county+article.1/39743.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit