Does it hurt you when they cry?

by LyinEyes 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Here4You
    Here4You

Only one thing bugging me about their paradise fantasy! Everyone supposedly is to be perfect in the new world, so how could they forget anything?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, I begged my daughter to make up her mind about something inconsequential today. She tied herself in knots trying not to disappoint me, "Are you crying?" she asked. "No," I replied, "That is insane laughter. Make up your mind already!" Wise parents don't want their children tying themselves in knots trying to be something they are not. More than anything else, I love it when my daughter launches out where I have feared to go.

When I saw the title of your thread, I only thought of crying babies. Nothing bothers me more than the endless wailing of a neglected child. You see, because THIS is the natural order of things. The older sacrifice so the younger can blossom and grow.

Your dad, if he loves you, must let you go.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here4you, what bugs me about the paradise dream, is that perfect people would not be the same as we remember them. What I love about people are their quirks and idiosyncrasies. Papa cursed, spat, smoked, and hated stuffed shirts. Mama thanked God and Country for her bounteous breasts and threatened nursing staff with her swinging cane. My husband dreams of the day he can be reuinted with his (never JW) parents. But if he got his dream they wouldn't be his parents any more.

• Agent Socrates
    Agent Socrates
    And exactly where are they going to EVACUATE to if the entire planet is destroyed? Gawd. How were we ever snafued into believing this shit.

Why to the mountains of course. After all, it says so in the Bible.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

that must really hurt.

I just remember when I was in and I dealt with disfellowshipped friends or family, how much I begged them to come back, how much it hurt that they left "the truth".

I remember being like that too, thinking how sad it was that all my friends were going to die. Its so difficult being able to see and understand both sides of the fence.

Sorry for you and your dad hun.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

It doesn't bother me any more. The reason is that it is completely self-inflicted sorrow.

Pain is natures wake-up-call that you're doing something dumb and they are not paying attention. I'm sorry, but if my parents/siblings/kids whoever, beat themselves up with this religion, and then cry because it hurts, and don't get that they are causing themselves pain with stupid behavior then what do they want from me? They are not little children; you can't just take the dangerous thing away, warn them about it and send them to their rooms to think about their behaviour. It's up to them.

They'll either wake up one day or they won't, but I'm not going to waste my hard won freedom from that group worrying about their alligator tears.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit