My son is in love with a puzzle

by mrsjones5 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yesterday I bought my son (he's 2, soon to be 3 tomorrow) a $1 puzzle of United States. I bought it because we have a much bigger floor puzzle of the US but it's too big for him to keep trying to put together, it gets in the way. He instantly fell in love with the puzzle. Last night I watched my little boy put together that puzzle. He knew where each piece fit. I was amazed. He fell asleep laying on top of the puzzle. When he woke up the first thing he did was pick up his puzzle and gaze at it lovingly. The only way I could get him to eat his breakfast was to put the puzzle on the table besides him. After he ate his breakfast he was highly upset because a piece of the puzzle was missing (it ws Kentucky). I found the piece and he was instantly happy again, clapping his hands with joy.

I think it was a dollar well spent.

Josie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Awww, that's awesome! Doesn't it thrill you when you so completely delight your little ones?

Dave

• jgnat
    jgnat

No kidding! That kid has a bright future. Cartographer, perhaps? President of the United States?

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

That is adorable!!!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh bless, that is so sweet.

• serendipity
    serendipity

How sweet!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

That is awesome Msjones!

It is so great that he enjoys something like that and at the same time learning so much.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My son reacted with the same delight when I gave him his first pair of safety scissors. He cut every paper in sight. He was occupied for hours. When I thought he had enough, I handed him the plastic cover the scissors came in.

He cut that up too!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Aaaawwww!

These are the times when it's pure joy to be a parent. Savour the moment and the memory

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

You just brought back a great memory for me. When my daughter was two, I bought her the same puzzle. As she would put it together, I would tell her the name of each state. We did that almost every day for I can't remember how long, because she loved it so much. She got to where she'd ask for the pieces by name and she would bite her crackers and sandwiches into the shapes of states.

I can still see her lying on her belly on the living room floor with that puzzle, singing a song she made up, "I'll be brokenhearted cuz all the people are starv-ed." Guess she had a twisted sense of humor even then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit