How much did you put in the contribution box?

by jayhawk1 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

Not much money but I did donate my youth and a failed marriage... Some one should do a MasterCard commercial.

Weekly donations: 10 dollars

Fancy suit/Dress for the DC: 300 dollars

Giving the best years of your life to a mind controlling cult: Priceless.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I pioneered for 9 years and was busy as an MS, elder and all that other crap. I went through three cars and countless repairs. I NEVER CONTRIBUTED A DIME BEYOND THAT UPKEEP. I figured Jehovah didn't need my money, he had my devotion. Any money was going to have to come from fatcat JW's with time on thier hands.

W.Once (of the I aint donatin class)

• serendipity
    serendipity

I donated $20 at DC's, occasionally at Assemblies. I also donated $10 or $20 at the KH, maybe once a year. I covered the cost of my literature. They wanted donations from us to cover the cost of a major renovation our hall, but I declined because I disagreed with the plan. All it needed was painting, new carpet and new chairs. It didn't need all the other structural changes they made.

• blondie
    blondie

We paid enough to cover our share of the utilities and any publications we took...that's it. It's different when you are the brother doing accounts and you know the lights are going to be turned off unless the congregation comes up with $150.

Blondie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

$10 in one donation-one time. That's it...$10 in four years.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Mostly the meal tickets after the assemblies. 20 bucks here or there. Depended on my mood @ the time.

Dismembered

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I didn't give much monetarily, but they owned my soul and mind that's for sure.

• Honesty
    Honesty

16 years of going to sales meetings and "Special" sales seminars:

About $150 total.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

Too much. Way too much!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

As much as I was able to.

Warlock

Share this