JW says Jehovah's People aren't Brainwashed

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hummingbird92575
    hummingbird92575

Thanks for your post...

What's up with some of the replies though? Man, I may be new here, but I thought that this site was for faithful people in the Truth...Not those who have forsaken it. What's going on around here?

• avengers
    avengers

I agree that the JW's are not being brainwashed.

Brainwashing is done forcefully; being imprisoned and ideas being pounded into your head.

The WT realizes they cannot do it this way. They use a much more subtle technique.

It's called hypnotism.

Here's another WT inconsistency. They condemn hypnotism, but use the techniques themself

to control the masses.

Andy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, hummingbird. I hear you are getting baptized soon. Where and when are you getting dunked? If I'm in the neighbourhood, I might just drop by to help you celebrate the happy event.

As an aside, hasn't your study leader warned you off the internet yet? You should know the Watchtower society does not approve of any internet sites except for their own. www.watchtower.org

"Be sure of all things" before you get baptized. You should be fully informed of all your obligations before you commit yourself to this organization.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    That blinded JW cultist wrote:

You understood that rant? I couldn't find two words that fit together coherently, in the whole thing. Perhaps it's getting late...

• carla
    carla

Thought reform is actually more dangerous than true 'brainwashing'. If you are using brainwashing as a catch all phrase as the general public does then yes, jw's are 'brainwashed'. But what is really happening? The constant repetion, the guilt trips, threats when trying to think for one's self, the emotional blackmail, the constant risk of losing family, marriage, children, and even employment, and the list goes on...... True brainwashing as used by the Korean's or Chinese does not leave nearly as devasting effects on a person's psyche as the wt does.

Here is a few links for you to check our YOURSELF, do your homework. Also check out Robert Lifton and Margaret Singer. Learn what defines a cult and why the wt fits one.

http://www.cultinformation.org.uk/faq.html#cult

http://www.dtl.org/cults/treatise/jws-cult-1.htm

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Let's see, first you are told you are under satan's control, a sinner, with no hope for the future. Hmm, sounds like the tearing down phase to me.

Then you see the "truth" bit by bit and are praised for your maturity and insight. Hmm, sounds like the building up phase to me.

Then you find you are in an elite corps of faithful witnesses who alone have God's blessing. Hmm, sounds like you feel better than everyone else thanks to the WBTS.

Drop and give me twenty maggot!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Like avengers said I believe that JW's use a form of hypnotism or mindcontrol.

http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmstefa/JWMINDCONTROL.htm

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit