STOPPED BY THE KH IN ROCK HILL SC

by Undecided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Undecided.

I always look at my time as a JW as the good...the bad...and the ugly. Lots of fun times and a few good people.I totally understand why you would'nt run away from an oppurtunity to talk.

• hopie
    hopie

Hello undecided ...

I am glad you posted your feelings about your experience. I know where you are coming from as do the rest on this board. All JW's are in the organization because they desire to serve God, and what a joy everyone feels when they work together for the same goal. It is the giving of oneself that gives that inner joy. This is what we all miss, but at the same time we must remember what the overall picture looks like, it is not the individuals who gives their whole life trying to serve Jehovah, that is wrong or quilty of anything, it is the core of the organization, the Governing Body that will have to answer to God for their crimes against humanity. Acting as judges over everyones lives, and separating families.

Because of their religious mal-treatment, it brings rivers of tears, and a lifetime of scars for the millions of people around the world that have been touched by their mis-treatment.

My husband and I was victims too, for over 40 years, my husband was an elder for 15 years. We have been free from this cult since 1983. We still miss the wonderful brotherhood, but not the cult, that strips you of your conscience and makes you live in fear of getting disfellowshipped, which, as you know is out of God's favor, and losing the right of living forever. They will have to answer for their sins... ( for their love for power and commercial gain).

I wish you well and you will heal too !

hopie

• magoo
    magoo

...undecided,

when you were in, did you go in service 'cause of your love of jehovah? i'm bettin' that if you were to poll 100 jw's & actually got honest answers, you'd find they do it 'cause they have to ! no love there........ when in, did you go to meetings out of love for the bible watchtower ? no love there...........

i think that most jw's do it all because it is required.... by a bunch of geezers making a "burdensome" bunch of rules, not out of a genuine love for god, fellow man or wanting to serve god

for what it's worth...i think the "friendly,kindness" you encountered is very shallow......gotta get new recruits....love bombing

magoo

• Undecided
    Undecided

Mago, I think you got it right, that is the way it was when it came to service to the borg. It really wasn't for love of God but for people, JW family etc. I don't miss that at all. I stopped by the KH out of curiosity to see how they would react and I like talking to people so I enjoyed it.

I also stopped by the hobby shop there in Rock Hill and joined a conversation with a couple of guys and one of them said,"You look familiar. Do I know you.?" We had worked for the same company where I live now 39 years ago in Data processing, he was in a different division but we had seen each other back then. I also enjoyed talking to them.

Ken P.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

When I see Dubs out witnessing I just feel relief that I am no longer peddling third rate literature for a money making corporation and can be actively showing love to my neighbours in an appropriate and appreciated way - such as holding a BBQ - looking after their kids and sharing bottles of wine!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I told someone who couldn't get over a chick that "He was in love with being in love, not with her."

We are social beings, and having contact with others feels good. But, these JW "friends" will not "accept" you until you are going to the KH 3 times a week, out in service 10 hours a month, and take on their viewpoints. If that's what you want, then go back. If not, get socially active in another organization. There are many charities that could use your time, even if it's a few hours a week. You'll find the social interaction you crave.

Skeeter

• undercover
    undercover

I can relate to your experience. I still have quite a bit of contact with a lot of the dubs that I've come to know over the years. I may get shunned once in a while by one or two, but it seems that the majority of my dealings with them has been positive. But I do it in small doses. I don't seek to associate with them. It's just that my family are still JWs and if I associate with my family any at all, I'll end up seeing some old dub friends. Some of em are still fun, but it can only go so far.

When dealt with in small doses, it seems that hanging out with them is almost like good ole times...but give them to too much time and the WTthink and speak starts to manifest itself. Then you feel out of place because these otherwise normal people still believe the crap that we fought to get out of.

Associate with them even more and then pressure starts. The pressure to return to meetings, the pressure to study, the pressure to re-join the field ministry. And it's not always done in the spirit of love, but guilt and fear. Fear of Armageddon, guilt that we'll let JW loved ones down. It's then that I realize why I can't take hanging out with them more than those small doses.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I know what you mean by this statement:

I realize why I can't take hanging out with them more than those small doses.

I definitely couldn't go back into all that crap, but I do still like some of the one's I knew back when I was active.

I went by to see my special pioneer aunt who is in a care home for old people and she still loves me. She is the last one alive in my father's family. She hugged me several times when I was there. I miss my mom and dad and still have many fond memories of life I had growing up in the JW faith. It was different back then and I will never regret my life then when I was young. I definitely had a good life and can't say if it would have been better or worse not being a JW then.

Ken P.

• Here4You
    Here4You

sspo, you're right on target there. There are a lot of good people in the org. but are so misdirected by the GB its horrible to think that a little over 6 million are still in the org. preaching the Societys bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit