STOPPED BY THE KH IN ROCK HILL SC

by Undecided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I went down to help my daughter move back here and while there I stopped by the KH. They were cleaning up the lawn and parking lot. Another car drove up beside me about the time I got out. Everyone was friendly and the couple in the other car was from Fla, was moving up to SC, had bought a house but was going back to sell their old house in Fla. The local bro. came up about that time and we all talked for a while. The couple from Fla wanted to find someone to keep the lawn trimmed while they were away. The bro. said he would take care of it for them. The Sis from Fla was a pioneer and her husband was going to start when they moved.

I mentioned that I had been inactive for thirty years, had served as PO, Wt study conductor, ministry school servant, cong book study conductor all at the same time and just got tired out and quit. He said he could understand. Nothing else was mentioned about me being inactive.

I kind of enjoyed talking to them for a few minutes. There were three congregations in the hall. Two english and one spanish. This is the cong. where one in the spanish cong. killed his wife and two children. I didn't mention this though.

It's kind of strange, I still feel at home talking to them.

Ken P.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth
    "It's kind of strange, I still feel at home talking to them."

why

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Ken,

I can understand how you feel about talking to the Witnesses. They were a very big part of your life at one time and you can't erase that. You will always feel that way to some degree. I find myself sometimes missing some of the friends I had, especially when I see them in the local stores. Lilly

• sspo
    sspo

we might not agree with the mighty GB but we have to admit there are many good and sincere people in the Jw's and of course there was a lot of fun people and fun times thru the years.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

when i talk to witnesses (i avoid it as much as possible) i feel like i'm watching a movie.. i know i'm there and i know i'm talking to them but its surreal. then i am sick and nervous for days after. i always wonder what do they want to hear and can i stomach saying it.

i'm glad you had a good experience. i'm still too nuts to be stable enough to handle it as well as you did.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

There are a lot of honest people there. In all religions. Mixed up with the cynical crooked ones.

Its sad. I feel wistful when I see dubs out door knocking, but I feel very uncomfortable talking to them now, because I am aware that they feel obliged to try and convert me back, even if they dont want to, they are under a blood guilt obligation.

Its too complicated for me, so I just avoid them. Saves us all an awkward politeness.

• juni
    juni
    when i talk to witnesses (i avoid it as much as possible) i feel like i'm watching a movie.. i know i'm there and i know i'm talking to them but its surreal. then i am sick and nervous for days after. i always wonder what do they want to hear and can i stomach saying it.

i'm glad you had a good experience. i'm still too nuts to be stable enough to handle it as well as you did.

I feel the same way Candi. After I left, I had a difficult time seeing men in suits. I would just feel sick. I guess it shows what it does to a person emotionally.

Juni

• Priest73
    Priest73

been through RH many time in my short life...

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty

Enjoyed your story...

• nsrn
    nsrn

Katie, "wistful" is the perfect word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit