Hello, new here.

by Rob Lenski 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

Welcome Rob.

In common theme??? we are all upstanding loving and lovable people that have had our eye's opened to a bunch of lies and ignorance that a cult inculcated into our minds to hate!

• daystar
    daystar
    Ex and current JW's? That's a surprise!

Indeed! One would think...

Welcome!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

ex and current JW's. I am a current JW

welcome to the forum, stick around....

• Priest73
    Priest73

Welcome... I'm pretty much agnostic.

• james_woods
    james_woods

As to "common theme" - if you mean a general common reason as to why we left the JW org -

We had a thread a while after I came hear that attempted to get some numbers on the reasons...

As I recall the biggest factor (i.e. the most people mentioning it) was that they felt they were neither truly loved nor cared for in their JW congregations. It was far ahead of more ovbious reasons like false prophecy, blood policy meanderings, "generation" changeup, UN, etc...

Did I miss it in another post, or could I ask if you wouldn't mind posting some of your own story?

Welcome, James

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

This is a very supportive board. It has been great therapy since finding out about the hypocrisy within the JW religion. (IF you are a JW you can't ask questions about the UN or pedophile problem without them labeling you as "apostate".

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Welcome.

Id say a common theme was survival and getting our lives back. Some do it with the help of faith, others by jetisonning all religious sentiment.

Personally ive had a gutful of religion, but I love to come here and chat cos there are so many intersesting people with intelligent points of view.

• south african beef
    south african beef

A real big welcome to this discussion board.

I am an ex JW - I was d'fed 4 years ago and have never looked back. Life is great!

It seems a shame to me that so many on here are still JW's, I suspect they want to get out but are finding the Organisation too controlling.

Anyway we all look forward to your comments.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome, Rob.

I'm an Ex JW. Was DF'd, tried reinstatement but couldn't dismiss my doubts so I ended up here where I no longer have any doubts; my suspicions of the WTS and its rank and file have been substantiated.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome to the board Rob.

Care to share what brought you here? What do you intend to bring/take away from the experience?

"Well, sit right back and you'll hear some tales, tales of a fateful trip,

That started with false paradise, and ended with the truth.....

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit