Needing help with some scriptures

by ppunk 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

ppunk, that is quite a story.

I know of a number of my friends whose mothers ring them secretly to keep in touch. I tend to agree that religion is best not discussed. My mother rang me last week for the first time since I was d/f . She kept on with a huge attack. In the end I had to steer the conversation to 'normal' things. Most family don't sit with endless discussion of religion. So I told her how much I want to keep in touch, but it can only work if we talk about day to day subjects like normal families do.

BTW To include paragraphs check the box that says Automatic Cr/Lf above the Submit post button.

• ppunk
    ppunk

thank you JWfacts.

That is only a small part of my story. I know what you mean about "it can only work if we talk about day to day things". I tried this tack with my mum when I was living with her. After a "discussion" where she KEPT bringing the JW stuff into the convo, baiting me, (me trying hard to steer the convo away cause I knew what was coming) it ended with her kicking me and my daughter onto the streets in the middle of winter (with instructions for me not to tell anyone that she had kicked me out).

I am too strong minded and outspoken to be able to bite my tongue around her for any length of time. It is all or nothing with me, unfortunately. At the moment it is "nothing".

I have just read some of the WT article posted on this site "When a loved one leaves Jehovah". I am now wondering if the letter she sent me was inspired by this article rather than her love. :(

How long ago was that issue of the WT released? She would have written the letter in the first week of July.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome ppunk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit