Check this out.

by Forscher 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher

I know we've had a few threads about no windows in the Kingsom Hall. Well, some other folks got curious out there as well:
    http://www.yforum.com/welcome1.html
    Go to the link on that page for "Newspaper column" then click on the question about why there are no windows in Kingdom Halls. the column includes quotations from both ex-JW Paul Blizard, a baptist minister, and our old friend J.R. Brown. Have fun!
    Forscher

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I tend to agree more with Paul Blizard than J R Brown, although I've never been in a UK kingdom hall without windows.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Oops!
    Kenneson beat me to it!
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117900/1.ashx
    Sorry folks! The difference in links is that he links to a Newspaper in Florida which carries the column, whereas I link to the source.
    Florida

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If Paul Blizard said the sky was blue, I would check.

Slim

• Honesty
    Honesty

I tend to agree more with Paul Blizard than J R Brown, too.

Although, the Montego Bay KH on Jamaica's north coast has windows and the brothers keep the doors open.

It's a testimony to the discriminatory tactics of the Watchtower to see all but three brothers (someone's gotta do the mikes and sound, and it it takes two brothers to do the Watchtower Study) listening in as they sit on the front steps in shorts and T's while the sisters sweat it out inside in their AIR JAMAICA uniforms and give comments.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

Blizard is correct. I've heard it stated from the platform that not having windows allows them to focus on whats being said on the platform. At my windowless hall everyone just resorts to staring at their shoes.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

My mother said they had no windows because it would be easier to 'gas' the people if they decided to!

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit