Coffee time with the dubs - Where did you go?

by truthseeker 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

sorry, was trying to quote someone else and comment: the place is probably out of business because of all the JWs who have left. Very light 'field service' business for these places.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Starbucks was the ever popular place in the last few years I was active. I didnt care for it too much though. Too costly and bitter for my tastes... which actually kind of sums up my witness expierience.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Coffee heck! We had full breakfasts with bacon, eggs, potatos, etc. Then after that we visited all the used car lots we could find and then maybe one 'call' to stop our time!

Outaservice

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

French Palace Bakery

Tortilla Flats

St James Bakery

Haagen Daz

• Arthur
    Arthur

We usually just had cake and coffee with this return visit of mine:

• lola28
    lola28

Starbucks (BOOOOOOOOOOOO)

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (YAYYYYYYY)

7-11(MEH)

Lola

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The local Dairy Queen.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The cong I attended until about 16 was rural. We usually didn't get a coffee break because it was so far to drive to a resturant. If we were in town one family I went out with always wanted to stop at the local Chinese resturant. Why - I don't know! They were English and always complained about the tea. When it was just us younger ones there was one resturant on the hwy that we always had to stop at - Teddy's. The one brother we worked with always had to have fries with gravy and a chocolat milkshake.

When we moved into town there were no Tim Hortons at that time. We usually went to McDonalds or to Clubhouse Donuts.

Then we moved again, more rural territory. About the only place was the Texas Resturant. It was a gross place that always seemed dirty (served alot of truckers). I'd rather not have stopped for a break! YUCK.

BB

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We young pioneers liked Foster's Freeze - we tried to wait until at least 10:30 am to have taquitos - corn tortillas wrapped tightly around a meat filling and deep-fried and then eaten dipped in a thin guacomole. Heaven! But I always thought food never tasted better than after service or after a meeting. A reconnect with the real world and temporary freedom.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Zippy's after every Service Meeting! Made them almost tolerable to get an ice cream sundae afterwards...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit