How do you deal with "Injustice"

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Like if you see 2 people doing the same things and not being treated the same way?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Like me getting dfed at 18 for fornication, and then find out another girl in the congregation did the same thing, plus got pregnant, and only got reproved? WHATEVER!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I just never have been to focused on what other people do, it dosn't phase me. After some time passes I tend to forget about it.

• blondie
    blondie

You find it everywhere, not just in the WTS. People at work crab that others are treated better, and sometimes they are. You have to decide where you are going to draw the line in the sand. The best way is to be careful that you are not part of the problem and that you are as fair and just in your dealings with fellow humans as you can be.

Blondie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Life is not fair.

We'd like to make it fair, but it just never is. There will always be the haves and the have-nots. There will always be the people that sail through life, when everything they touch is gold, and the people who have one obstruction after another, when life doesn't ever seem to hand them a fair shake.

I think that the only way to deal with it is just to realize the truth of it all: life is not fair. We can choose to live our personal lives with joy and happiness, or we can choose to look at life in a pessimistic view. Some person in one country would consider life good if they could feed their family that day; another person in another country would consider life bad if they couldn't give their family lobster that day. Depends on how you look at it.

The only problem I have is if injustice leads to death of an innocent person.

CG

• mama1119
    mama1119

ButtLight....That same exact situation happened to me in my hall..she was part of a big JW family...she even continued smoking and still nothing....I was DF though so what could I do..If I said anything it would have been a "bad attitude" and I wouldn't have been "repentant"

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think thats a really good question.

1) First of all I get real het up about it, and bend everyones ear about how wrong it is.

2) Then I realise im beginning to impair my quality of live obsessing about it - like I can start losing sleep, or drinking more on an evening, or feeling worked up all the time.

3) Then sometimes I move onto the crying stage. This is optional. I dont always have to cry, but sometimes I do.

4) Then finally I tell myself that actually I am doing more damage to my own body be getting stressed than the original imjustice. So I let it go. I just tell myself life didnt come with a guarantee that everything would be fair, and I cant change it, and I can either carry on damaging myself or I can let it go.

Sometimes I get to stage 4 straight away - but it all depends on the severity of the injustice, and on my health at the time and the strength of my coping mechanisms that day. Getting to stage 4 comes easier with practise and with age I think.

• kls
    kls

I step in and have my say. First i watch to make sure that there is an injustice and if i feel there is ,my mouth just lets lose.

This is one thing i will not stand for and those that have had to hear my mouth know it

• anewme
    anewme

I agree totally with Country Girl. Life isnt fair. And the sooner we understand and accept that fact the better.

But now,if I or you are the ones suffering the injustice there are measures we can take to TRY AND GET JUSTICE. Sometimes you can appeal to the sense of justice in the heart of someone in power who is able to do something for you. The Bible recommends pestering them to death works sometimes if they are initially unwilling to do anything for you. But in the end you may have to lick your own wounds and heal without justice. It can be done.

• delilah
    delilah

You find it everywhere, not just in the WTS. People at work crab that others are treated better, and sometimes they are. You have to decide where you are going to draw the line in the sand. The best way is to be careful that you are not part of the problem and that you are as fair and just in your dealings with fellow humans as you can be.

Blondie

I agree. Growing up, I saw so many injustices in the congregation, other kids were getting away with everything, and all eyes were on me and my friends, who were struggling to "stay in the truth". Mom always said, "The law of averages catches up to everyone, just be patient." She was right. Most of those kids were DF'd, and we've never seen them since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit