IS THIS ELDER HYPOCRITICAL???

by chuckyy 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

THERE IS THIS COUPLE WHO ARE STILL JWS. THEY CANNOT GET ON. BETWEEN THEM THEY HAVE TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE 4 TIMES. THEY HATE EACH OTHER WITH A PASSION AND HAVE BEEN DESPERATE FOR A DIVORCE FOR YEARS. THERE IS THIS HARDLINE ELDER WHO IS DEVOID OF COMPASSION THAT KEEPS TELLING THEM THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT THEY CAN SEPERATE. ANYWAY,THEY HAVE SEPERATED AND HAVE PUT THERE HOUSE UP FOR SALE. NOW, CAN YOU GUESS WHO IS BUYING THEIR HOUSE?????? THATS RIGHT, MR "YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO SEPERATE" ELDER.

DO YOU THINK THATS HYPOCRITICAL OR NOT?

CHUKKY

• jambon1
    jambon1

Yes I do think he is.

But thats just the thin end of the wedge. Id be more pissed off that yet another jumped up, authoritarian, busy body, control freak, sex starved, masturbator wanted such a big say in my life.

Sad, sad, sad.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Opportunistic, I'd say.

He probably knows all about their financial situation, too. Could have low-balled the offer and encouraged them to take it. Convinced them it was better for a quick sale.

It's just speculation on my part. But I've seen this before.

-Aude.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do you think he may be hypocritical?

Just because he has probably made an offer to buy their home is that hypocritical?

He has every right under Watchtower Society regulations to make an offer.

As a matter of fact, FYI he deserves first shot because he is an elder and deserves double honor according to Scripture.

I see no problem with this elder buying the home from this couple.

He probably spent a lot of time shepherding them just like this....

And watching over them like this...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't think buying this couples house makes this elder a hypocrite at all. He needs a house, and they want to sell theirs, so he puts in an offer, where's the hypocrisy? I fail to see any, it's just business.

I do think, however, that he more than overstepped his authority by telling them they couldn't separate. That is none of his business, and if it had been me I'd have told him so.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Calling them wolves is an insult to wolves.

• avengers
    avengers

I must say he was a very good shepherd.

He seperates the flock and then shaves it for everything it has.

Honesty: Good illustration dude.

Andy

Calling them wolves is an insult to wolves.

you crack me up.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

If he makes a fair offer for the house I don't see how he has done anything wrong.

but if he takes advantage of the situation then

it puts him in the class of ambulance chasing lawyers,

taking advantage of someone elses misfortune.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm not sure where this elder gets off trying to keep people from separating. You can live separately without being divorced. Living in that way may prevent divorce in the future. That's the goal, right?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

good call aude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit