World of Warcraft fans???

by Confucious 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey guys...

I'm a big gamer. I play a game called World of Warcraft.

I know of 2 other people on my server that are JW.

One is a fader and the other a regular at the meetings.

I actually discovered them by accident after chatting with them during Christmas time.

Just wondering if anyone else here plays on WoW.

Confucious

• ackack
    ackack

What server are you on? I'm on Thunderlord.

ackack

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey...

I have a 60 Warrior Orc on Durotan.

I'm a 300 engineer and mining.

What are you?

Con

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I used to play it, but then I got bored with it, and I wasn't interested in getting to know the more hardcore people....

I have Guild Wars now, which is fine because even if I don't play it for awhile, I'm not charged or anything.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Sir Nose...

I love the game. I play a lot - but don't raid with people much.

I like grinding and kind of stay on my own. But I am in a guild.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

One thing I notice about GW is that because you don't have to pay, you get a lot more stupid people...

I can appreciate the whole "instanced world" concept so your kills aren't ganked, but it just makes me feel so alone. WoW, even with the ganking, had this feeling of community. One thing I do definitely like about GW, is that if you want to go somewhere, there's no downtime. Just go. You don't have to worry about hopping a flight to here, or a ship to there, etc.

• ackack
    ackack

Personally, my guild consists of people I know. They have barbecues, get-togethers, and play WoW. Its fun, no one gets mad, everyone is just there to have a good time :)
    I have a 60 druid myself. Do a fair bit of the high level raids, and hopefully, I'll get to go into Black Wing Lair this friday. Wish me luck (with only 150 FR) :)
    To give you an idea of how SERIOUS the game can get (and unfun) I present the following flash animation http://www.wowcentral.com/download/onyxiawipe.swf There is swearing btw.
    ackack

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

lvl 60 NE Warrior, prot spec OT

300/300 FA; 297/300 LW (Dragon), 300/300 Skinning

MC, Ony and BWL attuned/keyed. Raided ZG this evening.

Mad Hatters Tea Party Guild, Skywall server

the early days....

varga.jpg

Lisa

p.s. IP_Sec, Valis and Joannadandy are all in the same guild

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

I have a 60 Priest on a PvP server.

• Confucious
    Confucious

I like the sense of community too... but I rarely raid.

Ack isn't kidding... if you screw up on a raid, people can get real pissed.

Especially on the BOE items... I screwed up once and picked up something I shouldn't have and all hell broke loose, hahahahaha.

I do have a friend that I play with. I'm mining and he's alchemy - so we have a pretty good arcane crystal relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit