I'm A Better Parent Than Any JW.

by Englishman 24 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Great post. It's something that haunts my mind when I think about my two young kinds and their mother who is still a JW. When I was da'd she came to me and said "if you're not going to be a JW there is no reason for us to be married." I shudder to think how she WILL treat our two kids when they choose not to go to the meetings anymore. Even at ages 10 and 7 they do not want to be JW's. They go to the meetings when they're with her because they're good kids and they listen and because they have some friends there. But now that they have plenty of non-JW friends, have started going to church with me and have begun celibrating the holidays. They are beginning to see how freaky the JW religion is, especially now that their grandmother (my mother) hasn't spoken to me for over a year. It actually scares them because they wonder "will my father or mother ever do that to me?" I assure them on a daily bases that I will never EVER abandon them for exsercising their right to believe what they want, even if it ends up being WT beliefs.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. The book "The Road Less Traveled" is an excellent book. A must read for all ex-JW's wanting to heal.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Nice post, Englishman

Despite all the vapid WT rhetoric about ``a child's natural bent toward rebelliousness,'' it's remarkable how much unconditional love JW kids exhibit for mom and dad as so many submit to the dreary life their parents orchestrate for them... the guff they take at school, the parental ``no'' to every extracurricular activity that threatens to expand and broaden their horizons, the endless hours of trudging door to door and at boring meetings.
    Still, by and large, they love their parents. Touching.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((e-man)))))

If you ever have need for a daughter in your household, let me know!

You are the type of father that so many of us ex-JW's dream of. My father will NEVER understand the concept of unconditional love. So sad. For me, my brothers and my mother.

Sometimes I think I NEVER want children. Don't want to bring them into a world of such confusion, hate, and into my family history. But then other times I think I'd be a great Mother, because I'll know what NOT to do. Only time will tell.

Blessings,
    Andi

• JAVA
    JAVA

I got a kick out of your topic line Englishman, because I thought most animals are better parents than JWs! Good post my friend, and for an Englishman, it was good reasoning, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit