Experience from a circuit assembly in Ft. Worth Texas

by What-A-Coincidence 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

currently making the rounds i guess...

Experience from a circuit assembly in Ft. Worth Texas :

A brother interviewed 4 people. An older sister and 3 brothers. He asked the

sister if she'd had joy in pio. service (21 yrs). She said yes, although
    there had been some sadness. Her oldest son left home without accepting the
    truth but the rest of the kids came into the truth.

So he asked her what was a joyful experience? She said she was calling on a
    woman and met the woman's husband and started a study with him. Then
    pointing to the brother next to her "this is him, Brother ______".

He's now an elder and pioneer. Now he gets asked a little background info.
    then asked if he had found joy. Yes, he said I studied with (pointing to
    brother next in line) Brother_____. ,
    The next brother tells his story. He was Catholic but his boss (the brother
    before) started pioneering and needed Bible studies, so he thought he would
    help him out and be a Bible study. Of course he came into the truth too

He was then asked if he'd found joy in ministry. yes,(and pointing to last
    brother) I studied with Brother _____ and he came into the truth. So the
    next brother is interviewed.

He had been trying to tell a workmate that there was no hell fire (knew from

a family member in the truth) but didn't know how to show the man from the
    Bible and decided he needed to study the Bible. Shortly there after the
    previous brother called on him and started a study with him and he came
    into the truth.
    Then the speaker/interviewer went back to the sister and asked her even
    though she'd had some sadness did any of these brothers bring her a
    particular joy? "Yes, (and she starts walking toward the last brother
    interviewed).
    This is my son that almost got away." And they are crying by the time she
    gets to him and he hugged her. Needless to say there wasn't a dry eye in the

building. Even the speaker was choked up. Her son came into the truth from a

Bible study she had started and it passed along until he was contacted.

You just never know who, when and where someone will get the truth.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

What A Coincidence!

S4

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Here's another one from Ft. Worth. And it's true.

My sister left the Watchtower first. She was two years younger than me and she decided she wanted to be college educated. My mother, a pioneer at least 18 years and one of the 144k, had her watched by local JWs where my sister went to school. When it was in the paper that she sung in a group at a local church, she was DF'd. I shunned her and so did her mother, her two sisters, and brother. I didn't go to her wedding, nor did I look her up when she had her children.

Fast forward a few years. Through debate with a Bible study I had and research, I left the JWs and recontacted my DF'd sister. After accepting my profuse apology, and realizing I was in an emotional tailspin from a massive life change, we became brother and sister again. She got two masters degrees and is tops in her field. Her husband is a great guy and a friend. Her children are doing well.

I shared what I knew with my other two JW sisters and they left. The youngest sister was blatantly criticized for wanting to go to college. She became a nurse and loves working with the babies in her charge. She is happy being out of the JWs.

My second oldest sister divorced her JW husband. The JWs disfellowshipped her. Despite working full time, she got her bachelor's degree last year and is currently a controller in a company. Their son decided the so-called Truth wasn't true at all and he stands with her.

I shared what I knew with my brother and although he is still a JW because of his hardcore JW wife, he no longer goes to all the meetings nor does he participate in field service. We see each other about twice a year.

My mother is still a faithless cult member. She cannot defend, debate or explain away the problems in her Organization. Merely bringing up the subject causes her to become so uncomfortable as to be judged phobic. The foundation of her beliefs is intense fear of Jehovah slaughtering her or attack by invisible demonic beings. She has no meaningful relationship with any of her children or grandchildren but lives in an emotional cage of terror.

I'd love to tell THAT experience at the assembly.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

MegaDude:

I'd love to hear you!

S4

• blondie
    blondie

I saw an experience like that 30 years ago where one person witnessed to a workmate, they to their brother, the brother to an in-law.....20 people.

After 20 years, they were all DA'd or DF'd or inactive..........why don't we hear those experiences?

Blondie

• yesidid
    yesidid

A brother interviewed 4 people. An older sister and 3 brothers. He asked the

sister if she'd had joy in pio. service (21 yrs). She said yes, although

there had been some sadness. Her oldest son left home without accepting the

truth but the rest of the kids came into the truth.

So he asked her what was a joyful experience? She said she was calling on a

woman and met the woman's husband and started a study with him. Then

A brother interviewed 4 people. An older sister and 3 brothers. He asked thesister if she'd had joy in pio. service (21 yrs). She said yes, although
    there had been some sadness. Her oldest son left home without accepting thetruth but the rest of the kids came into the truth.

So he asked her what was a joyful experience? She said she was calling on a woman and met the woman's husband and started a study with him. Then

That particular experience is on it’s fourth round of regurgitation that I know of.

yesidid

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    That particular experience is on it’s fourth round of regurgitation that I know of.

I know it makes me want to regurgitate!

Jeff

• parakeet
    parakeet

Mega[you're the]Dude!:
    ***Here's another one from Ft. Worth. And it's true. ....... I'd love to tell THAT experience at the assembly.***
    Telling it here is as good as or better than the DC. As I'm writing, I see that you've gotten 184 hits already with surely many more on the way. This is the kind of heartwarming success story the WTS DOESN'T want anyone to hear. And a whole lot more believable than that DC fairy tale.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

such a wonderful experience megadude, brought tears to my eyes (heehee). Yours too blondie. There are several families that I know of which had their children used in articles and books. Many on these kids left the organization shortly thereafter. It is hilarious to see the organization have to change the covers of the books because someone pictured on the cover splits. (also brings tears to my eyes (yukyuk)

• Synergy
    Synergy

Here's a true experience from Tallahassee Florida.

JW family of generations, Father and Elder, Mother a Regular Pioneer, Daughter a Regular Pioneer. All crazy and the mother leaves and gets DF'd, about 4 years later the daughter becomes an apostate. The mother gets her GED at age 41 and then goes to technical school. The daughter then goes on to be the first in the family to go to college and get the first degree in several generations. She divorces her JW husband, leaving him open to sin since he no longer has a wife to get sex from, and he commits fornication so he gets DF'd and then gets engaged to the worldly woman he got df'd for fornicating with. The ex wife and the two children now go to church regularly and are happy being normal. So that's a total of five people out of the cult in one family in a five year period. Praise God!

***Applause, Applause*** sniffle, sniffle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit