QUOTE #2 from Awake 2006

by skeeter1 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• frozen one
    frozen one

I recieved this same Awake from a witness concerned about my future. In the article The Real Value of Blood one paragraph says,

"Jehovah's Witnesses are well known for taking these Bible commands to heart. They reject all transfusions involving blood or the four primary blood components - red cells, plasma, white cells, and platelets. As for the various fractions derived from those components - and products that contain such fractions - the Bible does not comment on these. Therefore, each Witness makes his own personal decision on such matters."

My question is where does the bible comment on red cells, plasma, white cells, and platelets? Acts 15:20 mentions blood but not components. Also the articles about blood make no mention of donating blood. If a personal decision is made to use blood products on the "approved" list wouldn't it make sense that a grateful person would in turn make a personal decision to donate blood so a supply of the product is readily available? I've asked witnesses. So far the only answer I've had is that they would have to do some research and get back to me. I'm still waiting. Has anyone ever had a witness address the issue of donating blood? I'd be interested no matter how convoluted the answer is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit