Getting Hitched

by fullofdoubtnow 37 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I just want to share this with you all.

A few weeks ago, Trev (dedpoet) popped the question, and of course I accepted, so we are getting married!! We have been busy getting things started since then, hence the slight delay in posting our news. We aren't in a particular hurry, as we have no desire to have children. In fact, such an event would be a little frightening, to say the least, as I am 47 and dp is 55!

The date we have in mind is a way off yet, in June of next year. The reason we chose this date (23rd) is that it is very close to both my mums' 70th birthday and what would have been her 50th wedding anniversary, if my dad had still been alive. She is almost as excited as me at the prospect of me finally getting married, I think she'd given up hope of it ever happenning, and to be honest, so had I.

I have been in a state of high excitement since Trev asked me, I really didn't expect it. Unlike me, he has been married before, and was a little wary of doing it again. I would have been quite happy just to be with him, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my whole life, and he shows me more real love in a single day than all the jws I have ever known put together in all my 25 years as a jw. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone else I have ever known, I really can't put into words how I feel about him. I think I must be the luckiest person who ever lived to have ended up with such a man, and I can barely wait for the day when I become his wife.

We haven't really planned the reception yet, we are looking at venues, but anyone on the board is more than welcome to attend if they are able. Maybe we can combine the reception with an apostafest! Anyway, I will keep you all posted as things fall into place In a way, it was this board that helped get us together, although we had known each other for about 15 years as we had been in the same congregation, because when I first da'd, I hadn't got a pc so I spent a lot of time at Trevs posting on here. That's when we both realised that the feelings we had for each other went way beyond friendship.

That's all my news for now, thanks for reading, and I promise I will post the location of the venue when we finalise it, though I would hope it will be in the Derby area.

love

Linda

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Congratulations! I'm sure if your dad were here, he would be very happy for you! :) Keep us posted on any updates!!!!!!!

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

CONGRATULATIONS

THIS IS WONDERFUL ! ! ! ! ! Best wishes...

~Merry

• damselfly
    damselfly

Best wishes to the both of you!

Did you two meet each other on here? or did you know each other beforehand?

Happy you found love.

Dams

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How cool is that? Congradulations. I'm so happy for you both.

lisa

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Dams,

We have known each other about 15 years, as we were in the same congregation until dedpoet left in 1999, and there was always a mutual attraction between us but we never did anything about it until we had both left the org.

Ain't apostasy grand!

Linda

• damselfly
    damselfly

What a great story!

Congrats again.

Dams

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congratulations to both of you.

A marriage based on friendship - what could be better

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bryan
    Bryan

If you're full of doubt now, can you really marry a ded poet?

Congrat's!

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit