A Question for Apostafest-Goers

by jeanniebeanz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

For those of you who have attended an apostafest...

Have you come away from a fest with a different opinion of someone who posts here than what you expected? Have you ever disliked someone on the board due to a difference of opinion expressed here, and found out that, in person, you actually liked that person? Vice versa?

Jean

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I never met anyone I didnt like or at least they've all had redeemable qualities. Most often I appreciate them more after listening to them in real life. Certainly had a different opinion often after RL meeting. Nothing majorly different, more nuance. Ppl are all-in-all the same as their online persona.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Liked all the people even more after I met them. Hubert, Minimus, HoChiMin and a bunch of others. Great folks.

S4

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thank you, Gentlemen, for answering my question. I have looked forward to three, and then had drama interfer with my attendance. I did wonder about that though. Have you ever seen it become a problem when people arrive at the same fest that have traded 'verbal' blows here?

Seems like it would be a difficult thing to get past, but then, most people that I have 'met' here seem to be reasonable, likable people. Any discomfort would most likely fade quickly in face to face conversation.

J

• gumby
    gumby

Apostates are horrible jeanniebeanz ...horrible. Here's some pics from my last fest

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Heavens! Is it truly that bad?

I believe that I recognize some of those very same scoundrels whose pictures you took; they used to live in Richmond if I remember correctly. But, pardon an old woman's memory... Things do grow fuzzy at my age.

• gumby
    gumby
    Things do grow fuzzy at my age.

Oh yeah, right. You don't look over 30 in your avatar pic,..... or was that pic from 50 years ago like my current pic

Gumbeautiful

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thanks, Gumb-Dude. But that pic was taken at 43. Unless you're thinking of Betty. lol

• gumby
    gumby
    Unless you're thinking of Betty

Who is Betty?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Silly boy... Refresh your browser and you will see that I changed my real life picture back to the one that I originally used over a year ago when I first found this forum: Betty Boop!

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit