The call came around 8 pm last night

by Cabin in the woods 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Confession
    Confession

Crumpet: Yes, "peace and security."

Jeff: Ah yes. My math was off. But this wasn't really about me. Although it was meant as a generic timeline, I did actually have my parents in mind when writing it, although they became JWs about 1954 I believe.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***this system is down to the last hours***
    Bet the WTS is referring to those slippery "biblical" hours; you know, the ones that might mean actual hours, or days, or years, or 1000 years. As more time goes by, the WTS will fall back on those "new light" hours.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Many new ones are flocking to the Ark of Protection offered by God's channel on earth, the Watchtower Society.

We had our Deliverance at Hand District Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Johnson City, TN June 23 - 25, 2006.
    The peak attendance was 4,313 and there were 17 baptized.

I can remember when over 50 were baptised at the Destruction Assemblies. Now, they are lucky if they suck 20 in at a time.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I can remember when over 50 were baptised at the Destruction Assemblies. Now, they are lucky if they suck 20 in at a time.

I remember in the mid 1980's I was at a convention with over 16,000 in attendence, and 233 were baptized. Those days are over.

Jehovah will speed it up bring it to a screeching halt in his own time.

W

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"By manipulating the JWs into a preaching frenzy...""

Hahaha! The one thing I can assure you, none of the Witnesses I know could ever be classified as having anything even close to a "preaching frenzy!!"

On a second note, the Witnesses indicate that we have to understand the words "near" and "soon" as used in the Bible in terms of Jehovah's view of time. But that is stupid. Believers see the Bible as inspired by God and written for man. It's not written for God. Why would it use those terms in a completely alien way from the way we humans use them? That idea in Witness theology I rejected long agoo.
    S4

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

well, if the last days began in 1914, then how long will the last hours last? 50 years? 100 years? Oh, I'm real scared. tell her you are going to wait until, not the last minutes, but the last seconds, which should be announced sometime in your old age.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Reminds me of the old bumper sticker:

"Jesus in coming! Look busy!"

Pope I have the saying on a refrigerator magnet. It sits right next to one that says, "Jesus called. He wants his religion back!" I love watching the brothers and sisters faces as they read them. Justitia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit