What?! People have actually met and dated through this site???

by keo15929 41 Replies latest social relationships

• gumby
    gumby
    Why you lyin', cheatin' bastards!! You guys got married and didn't even invite me to the wedding??!!!

Yeah, that's right....I didn't invite ya! I'll be dammed if I'm gonna let you throw little pebbles at my nutsack like you did the first time I married him in the nude and called him stumpy and you giggled, disrupting the whole wedding.

Plummer, ...he was an old bastard when I met him..... and he has lots of cash$$$$

Pay no attention to Mrs.Whip....she doctored up those photo's cuz sh'e related to him.

Looky here what I looked like after our first honeymoon. He's a beast!

Gumsplit

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I've met a few from here - just waiting for the dating part to start!

CS 101

• daystar
    daystar

I've met a number of women from the Internet. I thought I'd fallen in love once, years ago, with one woman I met online. She's one of my best friends to this day, though I'm certain we would have been horrible, horrible lovers.

I'm not quick to jump into a relationship generally, but especially with someone I've met online. That being said, I am very, very certain that real, powerful, unquestionable love can be found from internet connections.

It's much easier to hide your true self online than in personal, physical interactions. I think this is the mistake many, many people make. Your real self eventually shows itself. So, people do themselves a great disservice if they're looking for real love, but present themselves as some unreal character and don't allow the full power and truth of themSelves out into the light. If they do, though, they will draw to them precisely what is truly needed and desired.

• Mary
    Mary
    It's much easier to hide your true self online than in personal, physical interactions. I think this is the mistake many, many people make. Your real self eventually shows itself. So, people do themselves a great disservice if they're looking for real love, but present themselves as some unreal character and don't allow the full power and truth of themSelves out into the light. If they do, though, they will draw to them precisely what is truly needed and desired.

Truer words were never spoken......I think a place like JWD though, has an advantage over some dating service that people can join. First, I don't think too many people here joined this site "looking for love"-----they joined because they've either left the Borg or are thinking of leaving. Therefore, they're not thinking of trying to present themselves as some picture perfect person trying to hook someone----they're here (usually) to vent their anger, frustration and heartache over what the religion has done to them. After you've been here for a while, it's only natural that you're going to be drawn to certain ones over others----in that respect, this place is no different than real life.

I think that's great that some have met on here and apparently fallen in love in real life. Something that would not have happened before the internet.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've dated someone I met through the site before. We were friends for a while, it was after we'd met up in person that it turned into a relationship.

Paul

• mouthy
    mouthy

Whens the wedding gadget ???? Am I invited

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Hey Mouthy....you like younger guys......

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well a lot of people have met and dated on here. It is not all good and it is not all bad. I think with anything, you just have to take a chance and it will not always turn out well. But you never know. I really cant stand that Gumby made a move in on Uncle bruce. He always gets the good ones.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'm the blonde guy and Unclebruce is already asking me for money.....just like a damn woman ain't it?

Yeah, that was before you told him you'd give him money if he he'd give you some honey. Just like a damn man ain't it?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Apparently, I've actually met and dated people I didn't even know that I'd met and dated, through this site. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit