Something Jakes said

by Annie Over 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Annie. I'd like to help you wade through your confusion, if I can. What would you say is the top feature of the Watchtower Society that leads you to believe they have it better than any other church out there?

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

To everyone who gave me such a great welcome, I am so very thankful.. You can't imagine how nice it is to be welcomed instead of getting all the askance glances I get when I go to the Hall.
    Jgnat, I appreciate how you would like to help me through this. I'm not sure I can be helped at this time, because even this morning I almost decided to go to the Hall. When I was active I was either studying to go on one of my Bible Studies or I was studying for a meeting or just studying the Bible for myself. I remember walking up the sidewalk to an assembly of over 18,000.. The joy I felt at that time.. I actually turned to a sister walking beside me and I quoted Pslams...I was GLAD when they said to me, let us go up to the house of the Lord. I loved Jehovah sooo much, and I still love and worship him. It isn't Jehovah's fault that people act like they do. It isn't his fault that I quit going to the Hall.
    Well now I'm crying so I'll stop here.
    Thanks again gang. I love all of you

• jgnat
    jgnat

So it is your intense love of Jehovah that draws you, and you are convinced that feeling of belonging and worship cannot be found elsewhere? I was never a JW, but I have attended several types of evangelical type churches. I can promise you that fellowship and that worship can be as intense and beautiful elsewhere. With a fraction of the people problems.

The organization is designed to breed gossip and trouble, being as isolated and confined as you all are. There are better places, I assure you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit