Must We Worship God as Part of an Organization?

by Angelica 16 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Hello Angelica. I noticed you joined JWD on May 15 - that just happens to be my birthday. In a sense it is your "birthday" too. Happy Birthday!
    poppers

• blondie
    blondie

I figure it is this way,

You get divorced; does that mean you have to get married again?

Blondie

• TopHat
    TopHat

bttt

• gumby
    gumby
    I figure it is this way,

You get divorced; does that mean you have to get married again?

Blondie

You do if you don't want to die at Armageddon for bein a big 'ol nasty fornicator Blondie......you nasty girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gumarried

• Arthur
    Arthur
    We were told that God lives in Brooklyn and has a JOB. He owns an error prone publishing company and he works there as "editor". He incorporated the business because He NEEDED the protection offered by a corporation.

This is a good point. I began to resent the JWs for portraying God as so fallible that he has to physically gather people together into a totalitarian organizational structure so that He can see who wants to worship Him and do His will, as if he wasn't intelligent enough to read people's hearts. It's kind of like a little kid who has to gather all of his marbles into a sack so that he doesn't lose them.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Bizzybee I love your response.

Linear thinkers, looking for certainty, uncomfortable with the unanswerable, and unable or unwilling to look between their ears, afraid of what they might find there or of what they night not find.

This was my experience also. At first after leaving the orgainization I felt a loss, I had no paradym of thinking to guide me. I was afraid, as I has seen some leave and just do crazy things. But I didn't know what religion to change to, as none appealed to me. Gradually I no longer felt the need to be in an orgainized religion. I'm not against it, in theory, just not as it applies to me! I didn't lose all moral thought and beliefs, and I am still a spiritual person. I trust my gut, intuition and intellect to guide me. I don't have all the answers and don't feel the need to have all the answers.

As my *much wiser* daughter said, "Mom, it just third grade logic". Oh yeah, DUH!

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The only organizing a church needs is;

what time are they getting together

who's picking up the donuts

who's doing Sunday school/ children's church

AAAAAND this is where true organization comes in;

who what where and when will the poor, elderly, homeless, hungry, addicts and abused in the entire community be cared for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit