Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by thirdwitness 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

He must be the jw that put up those websites-the truth about the truth about the truth and that 2001 translation.It's all designed to mislead active jw's who are looking on the internet.

Goldminer

• FairMind
    FairMind

thirdwitness, let us say for purpose of reasoning that there is a "faithful and discreet slave class" that provides all other Christians with the needed spiritual food. Is this the reality of how JWs receive their direction? If you believe this then please explain how the approximately 8,000 members of the FDS class do this. Is there a special web site where the FDS logs onto to coordinate their efforts? The truth is that the GB (less than 20 individuals) makes all of the WTS' doctrines. Now I suppose you will say that the GB represents the 8,000 FDS class (since this is what they claim). If this claim is true then they are "self-appointed representatives since the class number of 8,000 has no input into who is a member of the GB.

• peacefulpete
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Sorry, thirdwitness. I don't read apostate litterature.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I am! Now get out there and get me a domestic!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Thirdwitness ( as if two were not enough. )

Have you ever noticed that even apostates turn to the Insight book when wanting to find out certain facts about the Bible? Why?

It might have something to do with the fact that the Insight Books were largely researched and written by three 'apostates', Raymond Franz, Reinhard Lengtat, and Edward Dunlop.

I am suprised that a person who obviously thinks himself quite a catch theologically was not aware of this fact.

HS

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Quote from the "truth" that thinks it's the truth:

"It is only logical that the slave could not be just one individual because he was to provide spiritual food from when the Christian congregation began at Pentecost until the Master, Jesus, returned. Of course that would be impossible for one human to do. The facts indicate that the faithful and discreet slave class is made up of all anointed ones as a group on earth at any given time. It is most definitely a class of people and not just one individual."

Can't help but wonder who this group consisted of through the centuries. Almost sounds like apostolic succession. Also, who was feeding God's sheep at the time of Charles Taze Russell's arrival? Why wasn't he content with the "spiritual food" provided by the Second Adventists (if indeed they were the faithful and discreet slave)? In addition, why did the early Bible Students consider Russell to be the faithful and discreet slave? So, if he wasn't really the slave during this period, who was?

Oh, and the clincher. "It is quite evident that the faithful and discreet slave is found only among the people known as Jehovah's Witnesses."

Since people have only been known as Jehovah's Witnesses since 1931, one wonders about that faithful and discreet slave succession since Pentecost.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Let me ask you a serious question, thirdwitness:

Since you obviously believe that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has been appointed by holy spirit to direct the activities of this "faithful and discreet slave" -- a concept invented by that very Governing Body (or governing body, as you please) -- do you believe that Jehovah would appoint to that Body a man who was a long term homosexual and child molester?

Give your reasons why or why not.

AlanF

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

ThirdWitness

Please tell everyone what exactly is so discreet about the Watchtower Society knowingly associating itself with the supposed disgusting thing standing in a holy place, none other than the chief instrument of Satan, not to mention a supposedly unique idol?

Can you please explain what is so discreet about this?

Also, since the Watchtower Society admits its association with the United Nations was inappropriate and accordingly saw the need to resign from it, how is this admittedly inappropriate association anything but something that has spoiled useful habits?

Marvin Shilmer

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

thirdwitness:

I take it you are referring the slave of Luke 12?

Let me ask you one in return (without a blog spot):

Who are the servants referred to in the same parable at Luke 12:37 ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit