Pest Problems

by Bstndance 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Bstndance,

Years ago while working down in my basement I heard this noise that kinda alarmed me, to put it mildly. I didn't know what the heck it was. At first I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Come to find out it was from a wood stove that was still hooked up to our chimney, (or as one guy called it up here chimalee). It was sort of a scratching and wings flapping noise. With big time hesitation I got these construction gloves on, finally got brave enough to open the door and it ends up being a green mallard. It flew down the chimney (about 15 feet) and then down about 3 feet of 6" stove pipe. I reached in and rescued it. Off it went, no harm was done. Scared the life out of me though.

Dismembered

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I had a chimney for a fireplace when we lived in a townhouse in Illinois. Could hear there was a lot of flappin goin on in there. Brand new carpet in the living room, thinking oh HELL no I aint lettin whatever that is come in here on my rose colored carpet! Turns out it was TWO blackbirds probably doing the nasty and not paying attention to where they were going. Couldnt get them both out without making a MESS everywhere. Im in S. Florida now and ANTS ANTS ANTS and the more it rains the more they like to come indoors! Found a huge colony living INSIDE the tank cover of my master toilet! Not the TANK the COVER piece! Ugh ugh ugh blech!!!

And my cats...oh my cats...the baby likes to bring home presents for mommy...like live geccos, (which then go hide and DIE stinking up the house), live frogs, live runner snakes (we call them her SUSHI) and sundry rodents. I have to search her now before she is allowed in.

If she's at the door going "Meoff? Meoff?" I know she has a mouth full!

D

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    Our infestation happened from about February through early May.

Well thanks for sending them my way. My ants arrived around the end of May and are still coming in.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

A mother king cobra and her 3 babies.

• Warlock
    Warlock

When I was living with my mom, the strangest pest we ever had in the house was me.

My wife now says the same thing.

Warlock

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

My house sits on blocks. There is access to the duct work and plumbing under there.

My dog can hear things that I can't, of course. He was very upset for a couple of weeks, and kept cocking his head and whining at an electrical outlet behind my bed. When I came home from work one day, he had torn a hole in the wall, with the outlet dangling on the floor. (I don't know how he wasn't electrocuted.) I patched it up as best as I could, but the next day he had torn all the patch work out. I heard a squealing noise, and my CAT came out from under my bed, with a 'POSSUM in his mouth. A baby one, to be sure, but holy crap, I was freaked out. He had pulled it out of the hole in the wall. The cat ran through the cat door with his prize, and the dog looked at him like, "I did all the work and you get all the glory. Damn."

I patched the wall yet AGAIN, and haven't had a problem since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit