Best Disfellowshipping Comeback?

by slimboyfat 29 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I do know one CO in England who had a bit of a reputation in his younger days for 'sailing close to the wind' as far as his conduct with members of the opposite sex was concerned. I always took this to mean that he got away with quite a bit of naughtiness because he is a rather large personality and well-respected - he probably managed to avert disfellowshipping somehow

Slim ,im certain i know exactly who you are talking about.J had a very larger than life personality and a serious eye for the ladies.J always insisted on working with younger Pioneer sisters in our area never the brothers.

I often wondered if he got into trouble in his youth.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Well, morty, I found it so fascinating. Imagine, David committed adultery and had a man put to death and he stayed king of Israel without even being removed.

It's good to be king.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Imagine, David committed adultery and had a man put to death and he stayed king of Israel without even being removed.

The biggest bastard in the bible imo.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I knew a brother who was disfellowshipped as a youth and then went on to become a very prominent missionary and elder. He was one of the nicest people I have ever known.

• rekless
    rekless

J F Rutherford would be an apostate under todays wtbts' standards.

• sspo
    sspo

All man made rules, local body of elders will have the ultimate say, if you are a likeable person in the cong.and among the elders a will go a long way.

5 year rule will always apply since the CO is the one sending the paper work in and he is the one that gets is butt burned if he messes up..

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is the story of ANTON KOERBER.

This story says he was disfellowshipped by Rutherford in 1935, bought Knorr a new Cadillac in 1952, was made a circuit servant, was made a chairman of the international assembly in 1953, and had his biography printed in a six page feature article in the Watchtower of May 15, 1968.

The story is from the book: QUESTIONS for Jehovah's Witnesses by Bill and Joan Cetnar. pages 65-67.

• Confession
    Confession

What great stories, Gary! I'm guessing that book is out of print?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think it's in print. I find a bunch of hits on Google.

• Confession
    Confession

Great. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit