What the Bleep Do We Know!? Movie

by Sailor Ripley 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome to the forum, Ripley.

I have commented on this movie many times here, and even started a thread on it once.

What I feel is most important about the movie is not what it contains, but rather that it may motivate some to question their sense of reality/self.

With enough courage there can be a stepping out of the comfortable paradyme we are presently in; and by doing so there can occur major leaps of understanding and a closer more intimate sense of oneness with all reality. In other words, we can just shrug such a movie off and do nothing, or we can make the effort to actually question and investigate deeper into our own sense of being and existing.

The movie is not important; however, what you do is.

I hope the majority of responses you have received in this thread do not detour you from frequently stepping outside the box.

j

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The film has been discredited. Made by followers of money grubbing cult leader J. Z Knight who channels a long dead warrior from Atlantis called Ramtha.

This is the one thing that really disappointed me about this film. I think puting J.Z. Knight in this film seriously discredited all of the other people in the film simply by association. The other people in the film who presented scientific research and thoughts on spirituality are [ I believe ] sensible and have published some very interesting and credible work. ( Dr. Miceal Ledwith, Fred Alan Wolfe, and Dr. Joe Dispenza ) Putting a self-proclaimed channeler who channels some ancient guru from Atlantis makes everybody involved in the film look like hucksters.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    J.Z. Knight

Isn't that the big black rapper who keeps bustin caps in other rappers' asses?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Isn't that the big black rapper who keeps bustin caps in other rappers' asses?

As if there were any rappers who are different.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What the Bleep is from the Ramatha group, but the message is still positive. A more credible movie is The Secret at www.thesecret.tv

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The film has been discredited. Made by followers of money grubbing cult leader J. Z Knight who channels a long dead warrior from Atlantis called Ramtha.
    This is the one thing that really disappointed me about this film. I think puting J.Z. Knight in this film seriously discredited all of the other people in the film simply by association. The other people in the film who presented scientific research and thoughts on spirituality are [ I believe ] sensible and have published some very interesting and credible work. ( Dr. Miceal Ledwith, Fred Alan Wolfe, and Dr. Joe Dispenza ) Putting a self-proclaimed channeler who channels some ancient guru from Atlantis makes everybody involved in the film look like hucksters.

My thoughts exactly. They had me going until she showed up.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The movie had some valid bits of neurobiology and quantum physics. But what it claimed we can derive from them, ranged from the "No $hit Sherlock" to "I think you may need some help if you're following talking bunnies down rabbit holes."

That marshalling our thoughts to think in certain ways and avoiding others eventually leads to a desired state of mind is ancient knowledge. They take interesting phenomena on the quantum level (like an observer collapsing the wave function) but then apply it without basis to speculations on how we can actually control and determine the reality that will arise. Yeah right.

• integ
    integ

JW FACTS,

Is "The Secret" some part of the whole illuminati thing?

-Integ.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Actually I found the movie so good I bought it and have watched it about 5x. Lot of PhDs authors of books are in the movie and thier credentials are listed at the end of the movie. I found it informative.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i liked it simply because it sparked some good conversations with my friends.

kind of like donnie darko.. wasnt a great movie but it sure sparked some great conversations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit