Looking for sources as to number who left JWs from 1975 to 1980

by cabasilas 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stealth
    Stealth

Even with the mass of members who defected between 1975-1980.

Did they still not come out ahead in the long run from the growth in number running up to 1975?

If I remember correct, they still netted gains from the false prophesy in the long run.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I quit in 1974 but my wife still attended so I attended some events after 1974 to help her with children. Mostly those I attended were convention type meetings.
    I didn't leave because they were wrong about 1975, I was pissed because they were dishonest about being wrong. For me the 1975 issue was the last straw.
    The Witnesses I knew were a mean group of people. It didn't take much for this unpaid volunteer to not want to volunteer any more. :-)
    There is an estimate of the musical chair game after 1975 somewhere. The purge after 1980 rocked the boat here in the USA.
    There were no long term losses after 1975. There were only long term gains. It was marketing genius. That scam was the up ramp. They are now posting over six million unpaid volunteers. Awesome! It was absolute genius. Somebody had to have said: "Hey! let's put all our money on us being wrong!".
    And it worked!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit