Wish me luck and pray that all goes well for me.

by lovelylil 17 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Lovelylil- I'm sure everything will work out just fine. Sounds pretty exciting getting a new place and everything. That's pretty commendable of you and your husband to take in your sister like that, Good Luck.

• delilah
    delilah

Best of wishes to you Lil....what a good sister you are....that's a big job you are taking on, with a family and working yourself. That's commendable.

• jgnat
    jgnat

YOU DO KNOW you can sell your house ON CONDITION you can move in to the new one. Safeguard yourself.

Good on you for taking care of your sister.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Hey Lil,

we sold our first house about a year ago and we did it ourselves! the woman that bought it tried to swindle us but it worked out fine because instead of investing in a realtor we got an attorney to look over all paperwork before we signed anything. The best $300. we ever spent.

it saved us a lot of money not having to pay commision to a realtor, but if the market has slowed where you are, you may want to hire a realtor.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm sending positive thoughts your way, lovelylil. Don't worry too much. It's a little tricky getting the timing right on the buying and selling, but it works out somehow. Enjoy your new home.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Lovelylil, I wish you, your husband, and your sister the best. Take care, and let us know how everything goes.

Best Wishes,

Arthur

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks everyone! I am looking at homes this weekend. We decided to go with a realtor because the market has slowed where we are. We noticed that many homes where the owner tried to sell it themselves did not sell and they winded up going with an agent. We found a really good agent and the fee is 4.5% rather than the standard 6% where we are. The realty co. also has a cash back program if you buy and sell with them you can get up to $3,000 cash back. We will get the most due to the price range we are looking in. Anyway, I will keep all up to date. Lilly

Oh, I do know I can sell on contingent that I find suitable housing. When we bought this home, the owners did the same thing. Thanks again all.

• anewme
    anewme

Lovelylil, your idea to move and welcome your sister into your family sounds so sweet and loving.

One thing I would be careful about is to consider the worst case scenario and how you would deal with it.
    Try to find a realtor who is experienced with selling. And find out what would be her plan if you found a home, bought it and had trouble selling the one you presently own.

Owning two homes at once can be tricky. Make sure the realtor has experience.

Definitely HOME STAGE as much as possible. DE JUNK your home so it make a great first impression.
    First impression is the key! The first couple of weeks and months a home is on the market is so importnat!

Legolas just successfully sold her home and bought a new one! Perhaps you can pm her for details and advice.

Best wishes to you!!! How exciting!

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit