Freudian slip in this weeks WT study!

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WBF: One must wonder how, if he was that drunk, could even perform.

Yeah, I always wondered that too: If he was so drunk he didn't know he was having sex with his own daughters, how could he get an erection? And not once, but then again the next night?

I actually asked a couple of elders this question. They looked very dumbfounded and of course had no answer, just mumbled something about, "If it's in the Bible, it must be true ...."

• steve2
    steve2

Summary for Theocratic Ministry School:

Lot and his daughters commit incest and live.

Lot's wife does not commit incest and dies.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep...

say it slowly and carefully:

"THIS IS SICK!"

Yet we are supposed to think that "lot was a righteous man"??

"THIS IS SICK"

"Selective Reasoning" at its very best!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Since Jehovah doesn't change his standards, I would have to assume that I could adopt some Asian girls and be considered righteous.

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

2 Pet. 2:7,8 always seemed really weird about God delivering "righteous Lot, who was greatly distressed by the indulgence of the law-defying people in loose conduct..."

Well, I guess it's official--sex with anyone is okay as long as they get you drunk first. Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Jehovah's a real jerk no doubt about it, I'm convinced.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yup... if anyone did this now they would be disfellowshipped and locked in prison...right??

But no...lets PRAISE Lot for his actions?

Seriously...WTF??

But as the WT said...."Lot stuck close to his daughters"

• user100
    user100

i doubt they will be locked in prison.. they will be disfellowshipped and later reinstated .. why would you want to loose a potential new member no matter how retarded.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I read somewhere that the original OT story was used in ancient Judaism - not to showcase a righteous man - but to demonstrate how disreputable Lot's descendants (the Moabites and Ammonites) were...

...i.e. incestuous inbred drunks.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    One of the sickest bible stories ever......absolutely gross....you can try to justify it by saying the daughters thought that everyone on earth was dead....but, that aint no excuse....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit