A new "class" for the goobering body.

by IP_SEC 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emma
    Emma

This is another doubt I closed away in the back of my mind while an active witless; thanks for articulating it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good post, Matt.

Yep - I began to see the comparison for a decade or two before we got out. It is clearer now than ever with the Watchtower fog lifted.

No need to call a swine by a pretty name is there?

Jeff

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

great post Matt.

brains and looks - you're a force to be reckoned with eh? :)

• V
    V

Lashing the GB with their own dogma--thank you IP.

• Borgia
    Borgia

I was reading the wiki entries on pharisees. I came across an interesting observation I would like to throw in here:

Quote: "Second, the Pharisees believed that there were two parts to the Torah. In addition to the part of the Torah recognized by the Sadducees, which both Sadducees and Pharisees believed was written by Moses, the Pharisees believed that there was another part to the Torah. They referred to the five books of Moses as the “Written Torah,” and the corpus of oral laws and traditions as the “Oral Torah,” because it was not written down but rather, starting with God, transmittted to Moses orally, memorized, and then passed down orally over the generations. In other words, they did not interpret the Written Torah liberally; rather, they asserted that the sacred scriptures were not complete and could therefore not be understood on their own terms. The Oral Torah functioned to elaborate and explicate what was written; it is unclear whether or not the Pharisees and later rabbis believed they were interpreting the Torah. The sages of the Talmud believed that the Oral law was simultaneously revealed to Moses at Sinai, and the product of debates among rabbis. Thus, one may conceive of the "Oral Torah" not as a fixed text but as an ongoing process of analysis and argument; this is an ongoing process in which God is actively involved; it was this ongoing process that was revealed at Sinai, and by participating in this ongoing process rabbis and their students are actively participating in God's ongoing revelation. That is, "revelation" is not a single act, and "Torah" is not a single or fixed text. It is this ongoing process of analysis and argument that is itself the substance of God's revelation." unquote

Sounds familiar?

Yes, time and again the WT has insisted that without the GB or FDS they so fervently represent, one cannot understand scripture. Present Truth and keeping the pace with Gods Org............

I rest my case....

Cheers

Borgia

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Great post IP_SEC, thanks.

When the gb wrote that article, if they'd stopped to think about what they were writing, they might have realised they were writing about themselves as well as the Pharisees.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi IP_SEC! This is an excellent article. This is one of the more important issues that finally made me see what a load of malarky the WTS was. I saw the whole thing as pharasaic, including the rank and file. THANKS for the reference material. I'm going to print this out and give it to one of the girls I work with who is studying with the Dubs. -Lisa

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    I'm going to print this out and give it to one of the girls I work with who is studying with the Dubs.

My goal is to prevent anyone I know from joining the JW cult. Don't let her fall prey!

Governing body and Pharisees are one and the same.

Matt. 23 favorites

"Everything they do is done for men bethel to see: They make their phylacteries opinions wide and the tassels on their garments prayers long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; district conventions

"Woe to you, teachers of the law governing body Pharisees and elders of the kingdom hall , you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, governing body and elders of the kingdom hall, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit