Stupid Witnesses!

by hamilton_russell 18 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

If I thought the end was coming in a few months I wouldn't bother selling my house. I would simply stop paying the monthly mortgage and use that money to stockpile for Armageddon. By the time my house was in foreclosure it would probably be destroyed anyway. (and the wicked mortgage lenders would be dead)

Something I don't get about the dubs -- based on the pictures depicting armageddon in the wt literature why aren't they building bomb shelters and storing food? If I really thought something like that was heading my way and I was lucky enough to be a dub and get ADVANCE notice...I would prepare for it instead of selling my house and peddling magazines.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

If the end is really coming I would sell my house, and have one hell of a weekend in Vegas!

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Something I don't get about the dubs -- based on the pictures depicting armageddon in the wt literature why aren't they building bomb shelters and storing food? ... I would prepare for it instead of selling my house and peddling magazines.***

Because dubs don't believe they will need bomb shelters. Jehovah will supposedly protect them during Armageddon. A nuclear weapon could explode 1 foot above a dub's head at the big-A, but he would have nothing to fear -- Jehovah would seal him in a little protective bubble. And how do dubs qualify for such special treatment? By selling their houses and peddling magazines!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

If they really expected the world to end so soon, why doesn't the Watchtower corporation just lease?

• mavie
    mavie

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm going back to the KH. I don't like generalizing an entire people as stupid. I'm selling all my 'worldly' possesions to finance my pioneer work starting in Sept. I hope to get my hours on this board witnessing to you apostates in the hope you will see the light.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Not trying to upstage you at all, but my parents, 74 and 70, just did the very same thing.

Maddening to say the least.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey, where can I get one of those little protective bubbles? Would come in handy sometimes

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just remind him when his money starts to run out and he has no home that, as in 1975, the W.T. never said the end would come, it was just people speculating on dates and they were disobedient for doing that.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My inlaws did something similar in 74-75. They sold their house, moved their three children in with an older childless couple (the only elder in the hall - very controlling), pioneered and lived off their savings for two years. My hubby said it was pure hell! His parents moved out at the end of'75 and had to start all over again. But they still believe the end is near.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit