• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    armageddon is around the corner

cant come soon enough

hurry the hell up already

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

No it ain't

2000 years from 33 CE (33 CE the beginning of the end)

33 CE + 2000 years = 2033 CE

2033 CE = Armageddon

so there

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My response to the latest e-mail from the panic'd sister who sent the initial e-mail... She said she didn't realize I felt this way "all along". I haven't always felt this way, its because I opened my eyes and allowed reason to have a chance. The "obedient no matter what" mentality has given way to a firm belief in the words of David: "Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs" (Psalm 146:3) Those come from Jehovah too. Your salvation does not belong to any man. Its all up to you. If this is what you feel you need to do to get saved, ok, more power to you. Just tell someone objective that you belong to a religion founded by a guy who arrived at prophetic dates from the measurements of the steps of the great pyramid at Giza and taught that Jesus returned in 1874 and see if they see it the way you do. Then tell them that his successor had a mansion in San Diego built and deeded to the prophets of old for 1925 when they would be resurrected to rule the world when God was planning to destroy the churches and all government and see if they don't clamour to join you. (Of course you shouldn't mention that he lived there as his primary residence and drove two huge expensive caddilacs. That might prejudice them.) Don't forget the successful hubub about 1975 and the "reasonable conclusion" that the end should come by then. Then tell them that the same group of men is announcing that deliverance is at hand! Why do you think that the District Convention attenders got the idea that the time is so "miniscule" before the end? Is it thier idea or "nobles and the son of earthling man" feeding the hype? Here we go again. This is all fleshly thinking. We can spiritualize it I suppose and then it doesn't count any more. They are guided by Holy Spirit, its just that they are human and make mistakes. So, that means that Holy Spirit can guide them, it just can't get them to get it right? No other religion is allowed to make mistakes? I get it, the other religions make mistakes because Satan is directing them, Jehovah's people make them because Holy Spirit is directing them so that's ok? "name", its all folly. No amount of sincerity will change reality. I would rather leave it alone than play the game. I appreciate honesty and the whole thing stinks of "man" and untrustworthiness from this aspect.

• CordyC
    CordyC

Here's what has been bothering me lately: My mom is worried that Armageddon is coming soon, and she says "it's so scary." Well think about it this way, if it is indeed coming and you've done all that you can- what's so scary about it? Is it because the Bible says "probably you will be concealed?" I've said to her- why are you scared- if it comes and you are doing your best to serve him then you should be OK.....but it is evident that even the ones who are waiting for it have been frightened by the GB and the WTS into thinking they're not good enough. Sickening.Of course I have been showing a little more disapproval of things in the org in a subtle manner and I think she thinks she's going to lose me at the big A and that she could have done more to make me "come back to Jehovah." I really am thinking of DAing one of these days but that'll kill the relationship with her.

CC

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Anyone who has a scan of Watchtower May 1, 1985, page 4: "Thus before the 1914 generation completely dies out, God's judgment must be executed."

It would make my day.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Ironic to see a seven year old thread about how near the end must be. The sky is falling!

• DATA-DOG
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WT 05/01/85 page 4

"This Generation Will by No Means Pass Away"

Besides knowing when the time period for divine judgment would come, Jesus was able to put a limit on its length. Using the illustration of a fig tree, he said: "Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matthew 24:32-34.

Thus judgment would be executed sometime during the life span of people seeing the first evidence of the time period foretold by Jesus. The start of this time period would mark the beginning of the end for Satan's world, against which God's newly established Kingdom in heaven would execute divine judgment. Bible chronology and the fulfillment of Bible prophecy provide ample proof that this time period began in 1914.

Thus before the 1914 generation completely dies out, God's judgment must be executed. This generation still exists in goodly numbers. For example, in 1980 there were still 1,597,700 persons alive in the Federal Republic of Germany who were born in 1900 or before. The figure would be even larger had not millions of its citizens experienced premature death during the two world wars.

In promising that "this generation will by no means pass away," Jesus used the two Greek negatives ou and me. The Companion Bible explains this usage as follows: "The two negatives when combined lose their distinctive meanings, and form the strongest and most emphatic asseveration [affirmation]." Only now, at a time when it appears that the generation could pass away before all is fulfilled, do Jesus' words "by no means" take on real significance.

A Test of Faith

Habakkuk's warning words indicate that there would be an apparent delay in Jehovah's judgment, serving as a test of faith. Logically this test could not arise until late in the generation of which Jesus spoke. In reference to the example at the beginning of this article, consider this: When would you begin seriously doubting that your visitor was coming? Certainly not at nine o'clock in the morning, nor at noon, possibly not even in the late afternoon. But likely your faith would be tested once evening had set in. However, remember that even at 11:30 p.m. your visitor still would have sufficient time to come in fulfillment of his promise!

There is no reason to worry that God's Word will go unfulfilled. It has never failed. Joshua's words to the Israelites over 3,000 years ago are as true now as they were then: "Not one word out of all the good words that Jehovah your God has spoken to you has failed. They have all come true for you. Not one word of them has failed."-Joshua 23:14.

By adopting the " Overlapping Generation " teaching, along with the refinements leading up to it, the WTBTS failed their own test of faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit