"time before tribulation is miniscule. I am scared. I know it must be true"

by Wasanelder Once 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mdb
    mdb
    Surprisingly I’m not. Just got back from the District Convention myself and it only further solidified in my mind that their teachings are a bunch of BS.

Why do so many of you, knowing that the WTBTS is false, still attend services or conventions? Is it entertainment value or are you afraid to be disfellowshipped and lose your friends and/or family? I don't get it.

Curious.

• anewme
    anewme

Thankyou Wasa, I have copied your email reply to that poor hysterical woman. Im sure it calmed her down!

• Lieu
    Lieu

[quote]Why do so many of you, knowing that the WTBTS is false, still attend services or conventions? Is it entertainment value or are you afraid to be disfellowshipped and lose your friends and/or family? I don't get it.
    Curious.[/quote]

I haven't gone in years .... and I won't step foot in a KH, let alone an assembly hall.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The watchliar society is nothing more than a modern day doomsday cult. The only thing that scares me is that I will die of old age without seeing those ba$tards brought to their knees.

Great reply, by the way.

• headmath
    headmath

This is a case of the warptower spin doctors at work. They will say anything to scare the bejezuz out of it's followers. DONT QUESTION THE SOCIETY OR YOU WILL GREIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT AND YOUR EYES WILL ROT OUT JUST LIKE IN INDIANA JONES MOVIE

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Why are they still buying and selling real estate? If it is so so close at hand, why don't they sound the ALARM all over the internet which is the fastest way to warn people? Why not have a national week, or month of the highest priority in the actual door to door work? Shut down Patterson, Wallkill, Brooklyn and call in all Branches, Zones, Districts, Circuit overseers along with Gileed, Special Pioneers, Regular Pioneers, all Publishers. Go on national tv. and radio. Have an audience before the UN. And all Government representative. Take out full page ads in all the major papers etc. Why just tell the rank and file and not the whole world? Are they not blood guilty for not doing this?

We know why? Do you? Because it must not be true. Scare tactics, same old, same old. They stay home and collect money, while you run around crying wolf.

Blueblades

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

No, I'm not scared at all. But that's because I know it's a load of crap. Before I had become completely convinced, then yes, I was scared.

Why do so many of you, knowing that the WTBTS is false, still attend services or conventions? Is it entertainment value or are you afraid to be disfellowshipped and lose your friends and/or family?

I don't go to the meetings or conventions, but I still have family in, so I play along as much as I need to. Everyone has their own reasons, but mine are all centered around what's best for my kids, and to keep peace in my family.

GGG

• heathen
    heathen

I have a belief that we are near the end but it still can't bring me back to a bunch of jerks like them .Not joining any heavens gate or jim jones freaks either . I think if Jehovah had chosen this religion that at this point it would be completely obvious that they are but they still want to change dogma at will . I would be amazed to hear some prophesy that came true after they said it instead of waiting for something to happen and then have to listen to a bunch of false things first then have them come up with "new light " on it later.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Our P.O. said, "Boy, if you don't think armageddon is around the corner, then you haven't gotten anything out of the DC!"

The only thing that I can be sure is around the corner is food and sleep.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Our P.O. said, "Boy, if you don't think armageddon is around the corner, then you haven't gotten anything out of the DC!"

It would appear that the intention of this propaganda was certainly to frighten people into an extension of servitude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit