What rebellious actions did you or other do in your congregation?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!!!!!!
    I sat NEXT to my boyfriend during the meetings and sometimes we would hold hands! LOL!

Ohhh and I would sometimes wear skirts that were ABOVE my knees! Can't get any more rebellious than that!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I know of some practical jokers in our hall that thought it was funny to steal a shopping cart , and load it into an unsuspecting MS work van . The latest was an obscene Jack o lantern that made rounds to several uptight witness types porches . I also heard someone stole a nativity jesus, and put it on a MS porch @ xmas . This is what happens to bored repressed imaginations in the mid- west .

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled
    they were playing stupid games like holding up a watchtower or Awake and you had to guess what month, and reading bible scriptures and you had to guess what book and more points if you guess chapter and verse. I was so sick of it all, they even had a guard at the door in case any worldly people tried to enter, I told the guy at the door to let me know if any worldly people show'd up I'd leave with them, Can you believe they actually had walkie talkies??

Holy Crap!!!! LOL!!!

• clovis
    clovis

When we were teenagers (70's) we would have some pretty wild partys. We would get drunk and make out with the sisters. I got in a big fight one night with this smart ass I never liked and broke my hand punching him in the face. I don't remember any kids ratting us out as we never got called to an Elders meeting.

When later a buddy was going to get married we threw him a bash and all of us including him got really drunk. We got busted on that one and were back in the ol back room. I was an M.S. by then but they never did a whole lot but tell us how worldly we were.

When I finally left the org. I look back and think of all the fun times I passed up amd it kind of pisses me off.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Being a "Pooper-Poster." That is putting "Appostate" flyers in the mens room stalls. LOL.

• love11
    love11

Ha ha ha LOL This is great !!!!!!!! Very entertaining.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Ohhh and I would sometimes wear skirts that were ABOVE my knees! Can't get any more rebellious than that!

Wow...you were a bad one. I used to wear couloured shirts.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OMG I totally forgot about this, well it happend after I told my family that I didn't want to be a JW, I went to a wedding for a family member, well I got so freaken drunk, and I was only 17, well anyway, I saw the Elder that DF my dad, and he got pissed off at me because he knew I was drinking, he pointed to me from down the hallway and said "come here" I in my drunk stooper Pointed back to him then Raised my middle finger and said FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, ......ever have one of those moments where the whole room goes quiet? I was made to leave and go home early. Yes I got my ass kick by my dad again.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OMG I totally forgot about this, well it happend after I told my family that I didn't want to be a JW, I went to a wedding for a family member, well I got so freaken drunk, and I was only 17, well anyway, I saw the Elder that DF my dad, and he got pissed off at me because he knew I was drinking, he pointed to me from down the hallway and said "come here" I in my drunk stooper Pointed back to him then Raised my middle finger and said FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, ......ever have one of those moments where the whole room goes quiet? I was made to leave and go home early. Yes I got my ass kick by my dad again.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We had a regular usually weekly WT study on Sat. night with all the youth that wanted to come-switched houses, often had these at the elders and MS homes and always had at least one of them at the gathering-but we had fun anyway(we had a couple of great ones then.) We usually had the standard WT study(or most of it) and then played some innocent party games, had refreshments and went home before too late. These were enjoyable gatherings until the 1975 apologetic study in the early 80s. It was rather a lively discussion, and because of our ages, we all had fairly vivid memories of the years leading up to 1975, our parents and our own expectations, some of the creative date counting that was done and the (still avid) expectations in the months/years right after(hmmm, how long between Adams creation and Eves????) Well, the discussion pretty much showed that they had some kids in the group that were not idiots. Just a few weeks later, we were told we could no longer have the gatherings as they were "disruptive" and brought about "rebellion". That was us, those rebellious JW kids studying the WT, discussing it and going out of the paragraph. And soon after, this youth was no longer an unbaptised publisher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit