Help With Insomnia

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I frequently have insomnia - but have found some help in getting back to sleep.

First, stop talking to yourself in your head! If you get up to go to the bathroom, don't allow any internal dialog.

Second, try doing the "Wave". You pretend that a gentle wave is moving your body in bed. Using the tiniest

muscle movement possible, you move your head deeper into the pillow, then release, then do your chest,

then release, then legs and so on , slowly like a wave. Again, you use the smallest movement you can manage

and keep repeating.......... until..... you feel......... that you .......................................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• rekless
    rekless

drink a glass of warm milk

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    First, stop talking to yourself in your head! If you get up to go to the bathroom, don't allow any internal dialog.

Especially if the subject matter pisses you off.

Also, I found that drinking alcohol too soon before going to bed will pretty much guarantee I'll wake up by 3:00 AM.

W

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I leave the TV on quietly to drown out my own thoughts. If I just can't sleep I'll get up and do something. I hate lying there trying to sleep.

Also, less coffee before bed!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Another possible solution would be to read through that "four Kings" thread paying close attention to the discrete slave theology by Estephan...

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Down a nice mug of hot chamomile tea before hitting the sack....works for me everytime!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Another possible solution would be to read through that "four Kings" thread paying close attention to the discrete slave theology by Estephan... Not a good idea, you would be running to the toilet with diarrhea, and it would hard to ignore those "internal voices".....LOL

• rocky220
    rocky220

Valerian root capsules [2-3] before going to bed relaxes me when I'm like that.....I just drift off....rocky220

• caligirl
    caligirl

Well, that is great for occasional insomnia, but with chronic insomnia & anxiety it is just not possible to shut down the inner dialogue. That is the whole problem.

Natural remedies do not seem to work for me, though I continue to try them and resort to Rx meds only when I get desperate.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Ive tooled around with this good night sleep stuff and found that a evening snack with calcium ie.cheese and milk is a natural sleep aid. Also regulate the times of sleep. Like dont go to bed to early. You might find you only need six hours of shut eye. Also I found that when I have a good cardio work out, I dont sleep as long. Protein shakes (homemade) seem to help me rest better. You could try the supplement meletonin. Which the brain releases to induce the ZZZZs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit