They don't call by any more!

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and I visited the home of her swim coach on Sunday.

He lives nearby a large Kingdom Hall which accommodates several large city congregations, yet he says that he's never been visited by the dubs. No, never, in the more than two years he's lived there!

So here he is, living around 400 metres from a Kingdom Hall and he, though never connected in any way with the Witnesses i.e. a true "worldly™" person, has never had the Witnesses at his door, not even a tract in the mailbox!

We wonder what's happening in the borg? If this is true of a person living not far from "Beffel", what's the rest of the country like?

Is this true of other places too?

BTW our friend would love to be visited, so any JWs lurking out there who'd like to share, just give me a line and I'll give the address!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I've lived in my new house for little more than a year, I get more real estate agents than anything, and never been visited by JW's I think something is wrong with them. I wrote on another thread that a while back I answered the door with my shotgun in hand because it looked like JW but turned out to be Real Estate agent handing me one of those notepads they give you, I think I freaked her out. I took out my gun cleaning kit just in case she called the police.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I answered the door with my shotgun in hand because it looked like JW

Struth, Andre, I certainly wouldn't do that again!

• penny2
    penny2

It's similar here - most of the local witnesses don't know me, yet I've only had a knock on the door once in the last two years. I get the impression that these days "field service" often means return visits - which are more like social calls on people they've been visiting for years.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Theyve been round ours twice in 6 years - not a very regular coverage of the territory. And I still meet people who have never heard of JWs or if they have have never been visited by them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They are rarely on this street these days, though our neighbours all got the dc invitation tract, and colleagues at work tell me jws are very rarely seen in the areas they live in. Perhaps the work is slowing down in these "last days". It certainly looks that way around here.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

So here he is, living around 400 metres from a Kingdom Hall and he, though never connected in any way with the Witnesses i.e. a true "worldly™" person, has never had the Witnesses at his door, not even a tract in the mailbox!

Struth some people have all the luck!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They've worked my street a few times in the last few years, but never called - I feel so unloved

They avoid the houses of all my friends, as they become known, also. In fact locally folks just say that they know me, if they want the calls to stop

But I think you're right. The work certainly seems to have "sped up" in the time of the end. So fast that they skip over entire streets!

• jgnat
    jgnat

My friend and visitor to this board has NEVER had a JW come to her street, though after several years of study, she was ready for them! I don't know if this is related, but she also happens to live in one of the more prosperous corners of town. She asked me where they were, and I suggested maybe at the local Tim Horton's.

• bubble
    bubble

I have been out for 4 years and have never been called on. Maybe it's because my mum gave the elders my address, in the hope that they would lure me back.

Still I've never seen any dubs in my street or anywhere in the local vicinity.

P.S. There is no chance that I will ever be lured back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit