not pointing fingers

by dvw 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Maybe I'm naive but: Are there really JWs browsing this website whose purpose is to expose another's apostasy? I just never thought they would ever allow themselves to read what is discussed here.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Maybe I'm naive but: Are there really JWs browsing this website whose purpose is to expose another's apostasy? I just never thought they would ever allow themselves to read what is discussed here.

That's how the elders in Richie's congregation found out he had 'borrowed' a document from the KH that has some very interesting info about pedos. He went ahead and DA'd a bit earlier than he had planned but at least he's free from the cult.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I don't use an alias...I will and have posted personal info on this board, such as what town I live in and some of the kh attended when I was a j...have already re-connected with an old friend from years past...hope to re-connect with others, especially my cousin Vernon who moved to Washington state about twenty-five years ago...

I've been gone for thirty years...have no family in and wouldn't care if I did...there are those who have to be cautious, that's understandable...unless you have a death wish like Richie.. As been said, post what your comfortable with and be aware there are snitches who cruise around JWD...

• damselfly
    damselfly

What else is going to happen? I already lost all my friends and family, none of them talk to me. What else could they do?

I try to not pinpoint exactly *where* I am in the world, where I work etc. but I don't see what I do for living threatening my existence.

Dams

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

who could use your info as a way to actually identify you and prove your apostasy?"
    I have worried for those who post info re: this too. I get nervous maybe they aren't aware that this could be viewed by those who would then use that information against them. But I think everyone knows their own situation best, and hopefully posts only what they are comfortable with. Sometimes though I will read someone in the same post saying that they have a need for anonymity, and then in the ensuing sentences give away localised information...that confounds me a bit.

smellsgood

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I think every poster should make that decision individually.

Personally, I could care less who recognizes me. I would be happy to march straight into bethel and pi$$ on their front desk.

But that's just me.

• Scully
    Scully
    I would be happy to march straight into bethel and pi$$ on their front desk.

If you ever do (although Ken Little's desk would be my preference) do make sure you get it all recorded for posterity.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

My pleasure Scully. Ken's desk would be my second pit stop.

Guess I better start drinkin beer soon...

• gymbob
    gymbob

I understand why some wouldn't want to be identified. Personally, I don't care who recognizes me, and I enjoy my freedom. I guess i'm in the "piss on bethel group".

And for those here looking to i.d. apostates....shouldn't the purpose of your presence here tell you SOMETHING about the religion you belong to? Hello?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I think it's good to be careful what you post online for lots of reasons.
    The choice to leave on your terms rather than theirs being just one.
    Being stalkably gorgeous is another. (LMAO)
    Most importantly, protecting your loved ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit