My first blood donation

by sass_my_frass 17 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

... has been scheduled. I've been to the clinic to watch Mr Frass donate, and it was pretty confronting. Still I've realised that if I'm happy with taking blood, I should be happy to give it too, so I'm going to become a donor.

This feels kind of like a big deal at the moment, like I'm closing the last door, it's good. A bit scary, but I've got to do stuff like this to keep up the momentum. And I'll save a life maybe.

• blondie
    blondie

Good for you; I was honored for my first gallon. It's not bad at all. Just like having a blood test only a little longer.

Blondie

• blondie
  • parakeet
    parakeet

I first tried to donate blood right after 9/11, but I was disqualified because of some medications I was taking. I was surprized at how disappointed I felt.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I was dfed in 98 but didn't give blood until 2004 even though I never really had any objections too it (raised Jdub). I was talking to my mother a few months ago and somehow it came up and she was shocked. I told it felt good to do it because it may save someones life one day and she told me that my blood was sacred and that I have sinned. I remembered then what a big deal it was for the dubs.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, JWs now can accept hemoglobin-based products which are made out of expired stored blood. So JWs are accepting stored blood....good thing someone else was donating.

Blondie

• dirtyface1
    dirtyface1

It's great to donate blood. I usually donate every 2 months. I have passed the Two-Gallon mark. I have been giving blood since July 26, 2000 and was sent the following email: Dear JOSEPH XXXXXX, We wanted to take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Anniversary! Today isn't your anniversary? Sure it is! It's the anniversary of your first donation with New York Blood Center! Whether you became a member of our "family" last year or many years ago, we want you to know how much your kindness and generosity means to patients in your community who need your help. They depend on donors like you. If you are eligible to donate now, we hope to see you soon. If you want to check when you are next able to donate, please call 1-800-933-BLOOD(2566). To think of what the Jdubs were depriving me of. A**H****!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Good for you - giving blood is on my 'things to do' list.

• beachbum
    beachbum

It's been a phobia of mine...I should make an attempt.

• nelly136
    nelly136

dont know how they do it over there but over here they give you a weeny local anesthetic so you really dont feel a thing, and free tea and biccies after, theres something very satisfying about doing it that i just cant put my finger on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit