Did you ever do this to pass the time during the talks?

by free2beme 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was always doing mental math-who was alive when so and so was alive. How old was Methusaleh when Noah was born? All the JW math made me weird that way:) I was always trying to figure out how they came up with THEIR numbers. I often would be listening to a talk and mentally arguing it, looking up scriptures that refuted it. . .The WT talks with the preprinted discussion questions(yeah, discussions-uh huh)often were answered by me in ways they did NOT expect. My mom told me to stop trying to be "clever". I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I just figured discussions were discussions and studies were supposed to require study. Sometimes I went out of the 'paragraph' so to speak. I imagine some of the old timers are laughing about me even now:)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

BTW, too young then to have sexual fantasies, but had I stayed in about 6 mos longer, my hormones would have short circuited my brain and I would probably have been a lot less inquisitive about scripture temporarily, anyway.

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

"My mom told me to stop trying to be "clever"."
    Happened to me too. Actually, I wasn't that clever but the audience and the guy on the platform were pretty far from bright people.
    In my congregation there were mostly elderly persons but there were a couple of hotties too. Helped the long hours to pass.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Not only did I do the; I'd do her and her and her but not her. I RANKED them! She's the hottest today, I'd do her first! Now she's a close second, third is definitely HER. Etc...

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101
    and trying to keep your eyes from hitting their crotches... since they were usually right at the audiences eye level.

I never noticed this when giving talks myself, but there were more than a few that i'd have liked to have seen looking there!

CS 101

• ronin1
    ronin1

Actually, my husband and I would write notes to each other- some nasty and some about other people and then snicker and laugh during the meetings-especially when the speaker would say something we knew was false or stupid..

It was great!!

Ronin1

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

me and my wife would do the nasty note writing too....funny thing she's still very much in the borg. I also used to work on the ads for my retail business while running the sound system yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

• xJ-HO
    xJ-HO
    Actually, my husband and I would write notes to each other- some nasty and some about other people and then snicker and laugh during the meetings-especially when the speaker would say something we knew was false or stupid..

LOL - I used to do that with my mum. Another favourite was violating the illustrations in the Watchtower - drawing on false beards, giving Jesus a cool pair of shades etc.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit