Why is truth is so hard to find in Bible

by The Dragon 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• anewme
    anewme

Truth is in the Bible-------Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

thanks for all the different views on this problem i discovered.

The same is true for any book..take a live forever book for example....

When they talk of the "evil worldly" people being destroyed.

Who exactly does the author mean by and is "evil worldly"?

If the guy who wrote it died....

Could that question ever be answered truly?

Or would we be forced to observe the opinion of someone who knew him/her as the truth?

The same holds true for any book of rules, laws, wisdom, or knowledge. Only the author can reveal the true meanings and their definitions of the words when they wrote them.

Guess that what "strike the shepherd....and scatter the sheep" means. or divide and conquer.

I really appreciate the feedback you guys give in here...you have a awesome site.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Unless i am missing something. If that is the case...could someone point me in the right direction?

want a million different gods with different opinions? Or one?

Personally I would like to have only one.

For years I felt the same as you.

Then one day I read something in the Bible and realised that something was missing.

It's been all good since then because of one simple prayer:

John 5:38-40

You don’t have His word living in you, because you don’t believe the One He sent. You pore over the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, yet they testify about Me. And you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Here is the thing, everyone thinks they have the truth in the Bible and because it is so messed up with different witters and missing books. You can have it say what ever you want it too. Anyone who says otherwise, it just wanting to feel that way.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

because dictionaries are better organized? :OP

truth Audio pronunciation of "truth" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trth)
    n. pl. truths (trthz, trths)

1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
    2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
    3. Sincerity; integrity.
    4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
    5. a. Reality; actuality.
    b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

• gumby
    gumby

Poppers, no offence gal, but i'll bet it ain't just me...i'll bet nobody else can explain these words of yours either,

The truth that I am pointing to is that which is found in the stillness of the eye, the silence of the mind, and the fullness of the heart.

Without being poetic, please explain these words like you were talking to a kid and maybe others would have a clue. I'm serious. I'd like to hear what exactly you mean and I ain't bein a smartelic either.

*Kicks James Thomas in the ass for teachin her this stuff*

Gumfused

• anewme
    anewme

Our dear Gumby, Poppers is talking about looking towards the SOUL for truth.
    But you are always looking at something else. That is why you do not understand the saying.

• gumby
    gumby
    Our dear Gumby, Poppers is talking about looking towards the SOUL for truth.

But you are always looking at something else. That is why you do not understand the saying.

OMG!! They got to you too!!! How many more of these poor people have you sucked into your clutches Mr. James E. Thomas......you bastard!!!!!! Gumby

• anewme
    anewme

Gumbers we all know what you are always looking at!!!!!

• gumby
    gumby

OK anewme....would you mind explaining in detail what she meant till she gets back here and answers the question. James Thomas is at the bar and won't be around till tomarrow around 11 when he wakes up...so yer gonna hafta cover for them.

Gumwaitin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit