Were you like me, or was I different?

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I remember going to meetings at the hall, and when the meeting was over, I wanted to leave right away, and not see a JW t'il the next meeting.

I thought of this thread because I see so many Witnesses having lunch together after meetings and many seem to always want to be together even when the meetings are over.

I never did like this closed circle of JW's.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

For most of the young people, and a goodly amount of others, being a witness is a convenient social network. I can name at least three or four young people who don't care about meetings; they just go to meet up with people and do something afterward. Or they go because they have to.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I was in the get-out-as-fast-as-I-can category. Didn't like being there to begin with; why prolong the misery?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I usually only had a few people I liked to talk to. Once I chatted a bit with them, I was done.

• south african beef
    south african beef

JH, I was the same as you. I wanted to leave as soon after the last 'amen' as possible.

I used to enjoy the feeling when I was at home with the tv on knowing that all the 'saddos' were still at the hall.

Mind you, if I'd given a good public talk I'd want to stay behind and lap up all the praise!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I wanted to bolt out the door, but Dad often had a meeting in the back room. I had to stand around and chat with people I didn't want to talk to, like some wierd, freaky cocktail party without drinks! When I got older, and was close to moving out, I'd just go out and wait in the car. I didn't care anymore what people thought.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

"...like some wierd, freaky cocktail party without drinks..."

LOL totally!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I had to stand around and chat with people I didn't want to talk to, like some wierd, freaky cocktail party without drinks!

This is where a flask comes in handy.

• Dune
    Dune

I have responsibilites so i usually have to stay up to 25 minutes after the meeting is done :-(.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I used to stay for a while and talk to my friends after most meetings. The post - meeting conversations were often more interesting than the meetings themselves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit